I think i have gynecomastia. What are my options? (Photo)

Options to Treat Gynecomastia

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastiaAccording to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Gynecomastia removal

It is important to meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. By looking at your pictures you seem to be a candidate for Gynecomastia removal.

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed

#malebreastreduction
#gynecomastia
#gynecomastiaremoval

Gynecomastia

Thank you for the question and photos and from them without an examination it would appear that you have gynecomastia.  So see your primary MD or Plastic surgeon in your area and be evaluated in person.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

I think i have gynecomastia. What are my options?

Thank you for the question and picture. I would suggest that you seek consultation with your primary care physician and/or board-certified plastic surgeons. Physical examination will be key when it comes providing you with an accurate diagnosis. Based on your description, it is possible that you are dealing with gynecomastia. "Gynecomastia" comes from the Greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and "mastos" meaning breasts. It refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males. Although there may be many “causes”, most cases are idiopathic (no specific cause). The use of certain medications, drugs, organ dysfunction (kidney or liver), hormonal imbalances etc. may also be causative. Persistence gynecomastia is often best treated with partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area. If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue liposuction surgery may suffice. If/when the time comes for surgical intervention, please make sure that you seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.You may find the attached link, dedicated to gynecomastia concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia

Yes I agree that you have gynecomastia. You also have some asymmetry. But it looks like you have great skin tone which means that you should get a great result. I think you could do well with lipo, UAL, and excision all through a lateral pull through approach. Good luck.

Options

Thank you for your question and photo.  You need to be evaluated in person by a plastic surgeon to determine if you have glandular tissue present that would need to be excised surgically.  Gland excision combined with liposuction can give the chest an improved contour.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

I think i have Gynecomastia. What are my options?

It does appear that you have Gynecomastia. If you decide to have treatment for this, the only solution is surgical. Gynecomastia surgery is usually straight forward and can be done safely. Please contact a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who can examine you and help you with your choices. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

You have gynecomastia. Best to see a gynecomastia surgeon

How should I choose a surgeon? Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter. 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Gynecomastia

There are several medical issues that contribute to gynecomastia.  Once these problems have been ruled out you have several surgical options.  For your type of gynecomastia, typically liposuciton of the excess breast tissue with possible direct excision the the tissue behind the areola is all that would be required.  

Aaron D. Smith, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Treating Gynecomastia

The first thing you need to do is determine the cause. This is best done by an internist. Once you have determined whether you can treat it medically or by changing your diet or medications and whatever needs to be done is dine and you still have enlarged breasts, you need to see a plastic surgeon with significant experience in surgical removal of this. (See PlasticSurgeryToday.com/breast-remodeling-highlands-north-carolina/male-breast-reduction/)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon