I had gynecomastia surgery 10 months ago and have problems with right side. Is this puffiness normal?

After 2 months I noticed right side being puffy than left and size increased with time after consulting again surgeon said it's nothing maybe fat has melted and come down so I asked for revision surgery he again did liposuction and I was fine with results again right side is puffy around nipple I don't know is it the gland is not removed or is this little puffiness normal

Swelling & Assymetry After Gynecomastia Surgery

Asymmetry during the healing process is not at all uncommon after any breast surgery. Also, your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and be evaluated for any retained breast bud tissue. This dense tissue can need an excision of tissue. Liposuction alone will fail. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon