20 year old male. I have been experiencing crazy hairfall for the last few months. The front hair is thinning (Photo)

my hairs are falling from all parts of my head.i went to a dermatogist about a month ago he prescribed me minoxidil 2% and finasteride 1mg and 8x shampoo thrice an week.i just took pictures of my head today.i've noticed some baby hairs.so my question is that is it regrowth?i am posting photo if u zoom u can probably notice.my hairfall is not stopped yet but i think a li'l bit lesser than before.pls sir do reply i am worried if the medication is working or not?i'm using these for 1month.thank u.

20 year old male. I have been experiencing crazy hairfall for the last few months. The front hair is thinning

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Medical treatment for hair loss

Your dermatologist is doing the right things, but you won't know how effective the treatment is for at least 4-6 months. Sometimes the shedding ("hairfall") from androgenetic alopecia can actually increase in the first couple of months of therapy, but don't let this discourage you: it may just be an acceleration of the hair growth cycle, and new hairs could be on the way to replace the ones that have fallen out. You could also talk to your dermatologist about adding low level laser therapy (LLLT) to your treatment plan. 

Two important things to remember:

• Even if you do not see a dramatic improvement, the treatment could still be working. Unless you are one of the very few men who continue to lose hair in spite  combination of finasteride and minoxidil, I would continue the medication. 
  • Regardless of what happens over the next few months, this is not the time for you to consider a hair transplant. 

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss treatments in male AGA

It takes 4-5 months to get a reasonable sense is a treatment plan is working and up to 12 months to really be confident in some cases. 

At one month, it is simply too early to tell. 

Rapid early age hair loss. Englewood Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, you should be evaluated by a hair loss expert. Most likely you have male pattern hair loss. Together with your doctor, a treatment plan can be developed. This will most likely include finasteride, minoxidil and possibly low level laser and platelet rich plasma. Recently, we've had excellent results with platelet rich plasma in young individuals, decreasing hair loss, increasing thickness and possibly regrowth. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

Starting to lose hair at young age

You have to wait and see if the cause for your hair loss is genetic androgenic hair loss. The best treatment at this age is propecia and minoxidil which you have already started so you are on the right track. Just follow up with your doctor every six months to monitor. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

20 year old with hair loss

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are showing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon