About Hyperhidrosis- Excessive sweating on palms and feet during normal time and even in winter? (photo)

I am from India. I am 20 years old. The problem with me is Hyperhidrosis. I usually gets too much sweats in my palm and feet which is very very annoying as well as embarrassing. Thats why i avoid hand sacking with people or touching them. I am very confused how to get rid of this. I have also tried one antiperspirant called KeepDry but it didnt helped me. What should i do to cure it ?

Excessive sweating on the palms and feet during normal time and even Winter.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your persistent hand and feet sweating.  This can be treated well with placement of Botox, offering improvement in symptoms for up to 5-6 months.  Hope this helps.

Sweating of hands and feet

The two commonest treatments are either botulinum toxin injections or the use of tap water iontophoresis.  Botulinum toxin injections are very effective and can work quite quickly but are expensive and have to be repeated.  Tap water iontophoresis is very effective for many patients and has the advantage that the system can be bought by the patient and treatments administered at home by the patient when required.  It can be used on the hands and feet.  I would advise that you see a physician with experience of both these treatments to find a solution that suits your requirements.

Alastair J. Platt, FRCS (plast)
Hull Plastic Surgeon

Sweating of hands and feet

Thank you for your question.  Some patients have temporary improvement with Botox injections in the hands and feet, but this can cause muscular weakness at times.  One good option we have used over the years is Iontopheresis.  This is a device that can be prescribed for home use.  It consists of shallow pans of tap water that an electrical current is passed through.  It is just a tingling sensation and helps depolarize the nerve signal to the sweat glands.  Patients do the treatments a few times a week for just a few minutes at a time.  Please ask your dermatologist about tap water Iontopheresis.  Best of luck!

Amy Y. Paul, DO, FAAD
Grand Junction Dermatologic Surgeon

Hyperhidrosis of hands and feet

This is easily treated using Botox. It requires a series of injections. I should lasts for 4-6 months. I have a fairly comfortable technique using ice/chiller during injections, see link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Sweating Solutions with Botox and Clycopyrolate

Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating can be controlled with Botox or clycopyrolate. Multiple areas may require nervous system surgical treatment.  Please see an expert for evaluation. Best, Dr. Emer