I think I suffer from gynecomastia. Any suggestions? (photos)

i think i suffer from gynecomastia....plz give me a right advise ..and .i want to surgery ..:i want become a fitness model'but i scared to surgery because i think after surgery chest are not developed

What is gynecomastia: "men's boobs" or breast tissue in males...

Thank you Sumeet for your question and picture. Please know that you are not alone and your question and picture will help many other young guys in your situation.

Gynecomastia (commonly and inappropriately referred as men's boobs in the media and in the locker room) is common during late adolescence due to secondary hormonal imbalance. It often – but not always – corrects itself in the early twenties.

Gynecomastia is also common in older males, in obesity and with certain medications such as anabolic steroids and chronic marijuana.

Rare metabolic conditions related to sex hormones can also be the cause. Usually, a normal sexual history (normal erection and normal ejaculation) rules out most of those but males with gynecomastia should normally see an endocrinologist (hormone specialist).

So first would be to seek a board-certified endocrinologist.

Then a board-certified #PlasticSurgeon if all hormonal tests are negative.

True gynecomastia usually requires a direct excision of the glands via a small incision around the areola, between 4 and 7 o’clock, or within the areola itself in darker skinned patients. Sometimes a smaller incision can also be used.  I also use also some liposuction to define the pectoralis and to blend the resection with the adjacent tissue. This is more so in chubbier patients.

I sometimes combine my gynecomastia surgery with pectoral implants.

Your gynecomastia surgery would likely be done under general anesthesia if some liposuction was to be performed.  If gland removal alone, it could easily be done under local anesthesia and intravenous sedation.

#Recovery varies slightly depending on the procedure chosen.

Again, gynecomastia is a common condition in males.  Hope this reassures you.

Dr MarcDuPere, Toronto board-certified Plastic Surgeon

About Gynecomastia and the Treatment Options

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. 
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate. 

What is gynecomastia?

GYNECOMASTIA = Breast Enlargement in Men, below are some basic information to know about the procedure and if it is for you:
Gynecomastia or breast enlargement in men can be corrected by a variety of plastic surgical techniques. This condition often creates a psychological poor self perception and many males of all ages do not take their shirts off because of this stigma. Candidates are men who have over-developed or enlarged breasts which may occur as the result of hormonal changes or hereditary conditions.
Candidates are healthy men, whose condition cannot be corrected through exercise, weight reduction or other non-surgical treatments. Appropriate preconditions for surgery are the stabilization of breast development (no further breast enlargement) and localized areas of excess breast tissue and fat.
Intended Result
The procedure intends to reduce the breast size and redundant breast tissue to enhance the contours of the chest. The surgery often reduces physical discomfort associated with the area, as well as physiological and emotional dissatisfaction with the area.
Procedure Description
General, Intravenous or local anesthesia are used for this procedure depending on the severity and type of procedure(s) selected by your plastic surgeon. It is performed on an outpatient basis. For males with very large breasts staged procedures (more than one procedure) may be required. For example, the first procedure may be liposuction, then several weeks to months later after skin contraction has occurred, a separate procedure is done to remove excess skin. By doing a staged procedure, often the final scars are less.
Oftentimes, specific types of liposuction cannulas are used and often in conjunction with direct removal of excess breast glandular tissue through small incisions for mild to moderate gynecomastia. Other specific techniques can reduce the areola when needed or reposition the nipple to create the appearance of a more natural contour.

Gynecomastia

Thank you for the photos.  You appear to have gynecomastia.  This is easily correctable with surgery. However, you should be seen first by your medical doctor to rule out an underlying medical causes to be contributing to breast development.

Tim Neavin, MD

Gynecomastia

You would benefit greatly from reduction of gynecomastia. The gland is excised through a periareolar incision around the bottom of the areola at the area of pigment change. The scar is essentially invisible and you will notice a dramatic difference. Make sure you go to a plastic surgery with a good experience, as there is some finesse involved obtaining a good result. Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for gynecomastia.

Treatment for gynecomastia is not a medical necessity. If you're bothered by the problem about 90% of patients can be treated with liposuction alone. 10%  Will need excision or a combination of excision and liposuction for a good result.

Do I Have Gynecomastia?

Hi Sumeet,

Based on your photographs you do have gynecomastia. However, it is important for you to be evaluated in consultation to investigate if there is an underlying medical or hormonal cause for your gynecomastia. If so, this would need to be addressed prior to undergoing any surgical procedure.

As for the surgery, in most cases, men with gynecomastia have a glandular component that should be excised. Liposuction will not work as well on glandular tissue. The incision is typically on the lower border of the areola and in my experience they heal very well. Of course this is due to technique but also because what I call a zone of camouflage between the darker areolar color and the lighter skin color.

I have used this incision on indian and middle-eastern men and if you look at my before and after photos, you will see how well these incision heal.

Also, if you are serious about becoming a fitness model, you will never get the definition in your chest as long as that excess tissue is covering your pectoralis muscles.

Hope that helps,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Gynecomastia

You do have gynecomastia.  You are a good candidate for surgery to correct this.  A combination of liposuction and glandular excision would likely be needed to achieve the appearance you desire.  I prefer the use of a perithelial incison to remove glandular tissue.  This incision is within the areola and usually leaves an imperceptible scar, in contrast to an incision at the bottom edge of the areola which is visible in darker skinned patients as a white line.  Please seek the equivalent of a board certified plastic surgeon in your country for a consultation.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia or not...

First and foremost, although the photos you have given do indicate that you may have gynecomastia, it is imperative that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in person.  A thorough examination should be given to determine which procedure will benefit you the most.  Often times, you may require more treatment than just typical liposuction; this would involve small incisions to excise the extra breast tissue. If done by an experienced surgeon, you should see a great improvement to your issues.

Gynecomastia

this is something that's treated fairly regularly these days with surgery. No one can guarantee the result but it will certainly be much better. Giving your dark skin see if you can find someone local to you who can do the entire operation through an incision in the arm pit so you will not have scars on the front of your chest. Good luck with the surgery.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon