Congenital Ptosis; Muscle Resection OR Frontalis Sling? Please Answer Each Question Specifically (photos)

Age - 25 Not Had Any Surgery Before 1 ] Is My Levator Muscle "WEAK" OR OR Is It "Not Fully DEVELOPED"? Which 1 is My Case? 2 ] Will My Eyes Look Symmetrical (Atleast While Looking In Front & Up?) After Surgery?(I Know!! While Looking Down It will Not Be Symmetrical) 3 ] Will I Need More Than 1 Surgery? 4 ] Will I Have Dry Eyes? Need To Eye Put Drops My Whole Life? 5 ] Frontalis Sling? Completely Reversible? I Mean Eyelid Will "LAG EVEN MORE"? Or "Excatly Same Level" Like Before Surgery It Was?

Congenital ptosis

To get the most accurate answers to your questions, you need to see an oculoplastic surgeon for an examination which will include measurements of the levator function. This is the key to selection of the appropriate procedure. Best wishes.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Levator resection

The presence of an eyelid crease, the amount of positional change between up and down gaze and your baseline eyelid position tells me that you may have adequate function in your levator muscle such that a resection could be sufficient. I do not think a sling is necessary. 

Elba Pacheco, MD
Annapolis Oculoplastic Surgeon

Congenital eyelid ptosis

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Congenital ptosis is a hard problem to solve due to the lack or recreation of the structures that your body is missing. there are techniques aimed to shorten the distance of the muscle favoring the result that you are looking to achieve. However if you lack the muscle that allows the movement, some surgeons may recommend using suspension procedures. that are not dynamic.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

These questions can not be answered without a personal examination.

You need to see a fellowship trained oculofacial surgeon.  This is a board certified ophthalmologist who is fellowship trained in oculofacial surgery.  Do not go to a general surgeon for this care.  This work is highly speciaized.  Here is the key, if you have levator function, you can have leavtor ptosis surgery and are likely to have very good results.  Without levator function, a frontalis sling type surgery might be recommended but this will be very unacceptable to you as an adult.  The results can lead to chronic corneal exposure and actually destroy the cornea leading to visual loss.  Please make sure you see only correctly trained surgeons even if you have to travel long distances for this care.