Can I get my hair back?

i am suffering from LPP since last 5 yrs and slowly slowly i started losing my hair and got scarring alopecia..will i be able to get my hair back,does prp for hair will revive the dead hair follicles ? plz help

LPP treatment and Hair loss

Hi neerjar. 

LPP is an anflammatory process that leads to scarring hair loss. If the follicle is destroyed then it is not likely to regrow hair. Finding a Dermatologist that is comfortable in treating these types of alopecia is vital as the longer you wait the more scar tissue that can form and lead to permanent hair loss. If you are controlled you shouldn't see any redness or experience symptoms. There are options once the condition is treated appropriately. Good luck. 

Tucker Dermatologic Surgeon

Person with LLP

Unfortunately people withLLP are not good candidates for a hair transplant as it rejects the transplant after it is done. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

LPP

Hair loss is permanent for most individuals diagnosed with LPP. The hair does not grow grow back. However, treatments can help stop further loss. No, after treating many, many patients with LPP, I'm not overly convinced with PRP.

Key treatments for LPP include:

1. topical steroids
  2. steroid injections
  3. topical calcineurin inhibitors
  4. doxcycline
  5. hydroxychloroquine
  6. cyclosporine
  7. mycophenolate mofetil 
Be sure to see a dermatologist for guidance.