I've had gynaecomastia surgery. How can I get rid of the excess skin wrinkles? (Photo)

Hello doctor,please have a look on my situation also,I had a gynaecomastia surgery last month,everything is perfect in my body after the surgery except the nipples area,the nippers don't look naturally stretched properly, my doctor told me to do a regular nipple massage for 3 months and it will look perfect after that....so I just wanted to confirm that is it fine or is there any other solution also possible which is quick and easy? ??....I just want a natural looking chest.

Excess Skin and Wrinkles Post Op

The areas after Gynecomastia Surgery may feel “lumpy” or irregular, and should decreases with time. Often massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. Also, the #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff. It's possible that any indentations could be addressed with fat grafting or cosmetic filler(s) if eligible.

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

I've Had Gynaecomastia Surgery. How Can I Get Rid Of The Excess Skin Wrinkles?

I do see the area of concern. Your surgeon's suggestions regarding massage are quite appropriate. You can have him reassess the situation periodically.  

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Skin wrinkles.

At three months, there is likely still some mild swelling, as well as possibly some scar tissue restricting the skin movement, I agree with your surgeon that scar massage may help.  Also, there are some skin tightening options available, such as Thermal, Ultherapy, etc .  Best of luck.

Skin tightening

Thanks for the question, there are some good non invasive technologies on the market that may be able to help. I prefer ultrasound or radiofrequency based devices