How much time it will take before I can drive?

There's no problem with sensation now it may be because of the catheter I think but how much time it will take me to start driving again?

Driving after gynecomastia

Thank you for your question!  I recommend my patients can drive when they are no longer taking any narcotics prescribed to them.  Always best to check with your plastic surgeon to verify their recommendations.  Best of luck to you!

Driving after surgery

This is something you need to ask your own surgeon. Only your surgeon knows what exactly was done and the recovery which is needed.

Recovery Time

Thank you for your question. Of course everyone is different when it comes to how fast the heal. Most patients can return to work in 3-4 days and resume exercise in 2-3 weeks or when your physician advises. Listen to your body and physician, if you try to drive after 3-4 days and you feel sore or pain then hold off a bit more and consult your physician. Internet discussion do not replace the advice of your physician. All the best,Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

Congratulations on having undergone the gynecomastia corrective surgery. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes returning to specific activities; he/she will know how you are progressing. Generally,  it will be important that you be off of mind altering medications and be able to respond to an emergency situation. Most of the patients in our practice are able to return to driving 5 to 7 days after the procedure was performed. Best wishes.

Driving Post-Op

QUESTION ABOUT ACTIVITIES: I try to have patients up and moving right after surgery, though you would not likely be able to drive right home if you have a procedure with anesthesia. Like any other surgery you should have someone bring you and sit with you just as a precaution.Then, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause pain. Wait at least 4 weeks to begin aerobic exercise.  As with all operations, pain and discomfort varies greatly from patient to patient. Generally, one should expect that pain medication will be required for the first several days. Continuing discomfort can last varying amounts of time. Additional procedures that often enhance gynecomastia results are liposuction of the abdomen and flanks.