Fluid in tummy after Tummy Tuck surgery. Any suggestions?

I have nd my tt and lips on hips and thighs on 6th of July 2016. Recovery is fine but my tummy feels tight too much. I think fluid is collected in my tummy. It feels me uncomfortable. Is this fine after tt surgery. I m scared. Pl. help. Give me opinion.

Fluid post Tummy Tuck

Thanks for your inquiry.  It is normal to have fluid in the tummy after tummy tuck surgery which is why we place drains.  If the drains are still in place, then a lot of times they will get rid of that extra fluid.  However, if the drains have been removed, your body should just reabsorb a small amount of fluid.  If the amount of fluid is significant, your surgeon may have to aspirate it.  I hope this helps. 

Seromas and TT

Hello,  thank you for your question.  Seromas are the most frequent minor complication after TT.  Sometimes they should be drained with a puncture of a needle. I will recommend you to visit your PS a express your concern.   Best of luck. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Dear Vipa, it is not unusual to develop some fluid build up (seroma) following a tummy tuck.  If the amount of fluid is significant or causes discomfort it can be aspirated by your surgeon.  Check back with your doctor, if the problem is a seroma, they should be able to treat it.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon