How do I get a flat tummy? (Photo)

Is it possible to have a flat tummy through surgery....If yes how. Thanks.

Procedure Options

Thank you for your question and photos. You may be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck procedure. An in-person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specialises in this area, would be a good place to start. They will examine you, discuss your goals and offer recommendations.

All the best

Flat Tummy

Hi, thank you for your question. There are 2 solutions for you:

1. Liposuction- to remove the unwanted fats

2. Tummy Tuck- to remove the excess skin

Both procedures can be performed at the same time. Please consult this to your surgeon, to get the best option for you.

All the best!

Boonchai Taweerattanasil, MD
Thailand Plastic Surgeon

How do I get a flat tummy?

If you have a big belly that makes you unhappy and you are not happy about the look of it, if you have experienced skin sagging on your abdominal area after a weight loss, if you are unhappy with the sagged look of your abdominal area after the pregnancy, if you had a liposuction operation and now your belly is sagged; then you can get benefit from a Tummy Tuck operation.

Preparation :

Tummy Tuck operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 3 hours when it is performed by a team of plastic surgeons. It is really important to decrease the operation duration to give less anesthesia to the patient yielding a better postoperative period to the patient. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Potential for a Flat Tummy with Tummy Tuck

A variety of tummy tucks are available. Patients who only need a tightening of the abdominal muscles or removal of a small amount of skin may be best treated with a “mini-tuck.” Patients who have undergone massive weight loss, on the other hand, will probably require more extensive surgery.

An abdominoplasty is usually done under general anesthesia. An incision is made along the lower abdomen at about the pubic hair line, and another incision is made around the belly button which stays attached to the muscle.

Mini-abdominoplasty tightens the lower abdominal wall and skin below the umbilicus, belly button, only (shortest scar).

Modified abdominoplasty addresses conditions where just the muscle wall or just the abdominal skin requires repair.

Standard abdominoplasty tightens all of the abdominal wall skin and muscles above and below the belly button. The scar can be altered or lowered to be hidden by most panty lines and bathing suits. (Standard scar).

Extended abdominoplasty tightens the abdomen and the flanks or sides (longest scar extending around the flanks onto lower back.)

A general anesthetic is most common, although mini-tucks may be done with local anesthetic and intravenous sedation. A standard abdominoplasty is generally an outpatient procedure, but extended abdominoplasty may require a short hospitalization of 1–2 days. Excess fat or loose skin may require liposuction and skin excision to obtain the best result.

It is up to you to discuss all of these options with local board certified plastic surgeons in consultations to help determine which one will provide you with the results closest to what you are looking for. There is no guarantee for a perfect final result, so you must always be realistic in your expectations. It is also good to visit with multiple surgeons for consultations in helping to find the one with whom you agree the most. Good luck!

How do I get a flat tummy?

Thanks for your question.  You'll want to see a board-certified plastic surgeon near you for an exam and personalized recommendations, but from your photos it appears that you may be a good candidate for an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).  This is an effective way to remove excess skin from the abdomen, so if you lose a little bit of weight in the abdominal area, your surgeon can usually remove more skin to maximize your result.  Best wishes as you start the process of discussing this with your surgeons.
--
Erik Hoy, MD
Rhode Island Plastic Surgeon

Erik Hoy, MD
Warwick Plastic Surgeon

How do I get a flat tummy? (Photo)

You look like a great candidate for a Tummy tuck. Tummy tuck and a vertical abdominoplasty. The appropriate procedure depends the amount and location of the excess skin. That's what your plastic surgeon will have to determine after the actual physical exam. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tuck and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Yes

You would look fantastic with a Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty with flak and mid tummy liposuction would be using a no drain technique with long acting anesthesia that numbs some of the  the belly for 3 days after surgery 

Bardia Amirlak, MD

Lipoabdominoplasty is your answer

After seen your pics, we think the best combination for best results is Lipoabdominoplasty....liposuction with abdminoplasty. In Dominican Republic, we perform  about 3 to 4  lipoabdominoplasty per week. So this combination is the best for waits line, back, and tummy.

Regards

Dr Hernandez Pizzoglio

How to Gain a Flat Tummy

Dear Sundance2008,

Thank you for your pictures. In my opinion, you may benefit from liposuction and mini tummy tuck.  The most accurate evaluation and recommendations would come from a personal consultation.

Best wishes

Getting a flatter abdomen

Thank you for the question and photos.  Yes, it is possible to get a flatter abdomen.  If you have had children it may be that a combination of loose abdominal wall, loose abdominal skin, and excess fat are all playing a part in giving your abdomen a more rounded appearance.  I would start off by arranging a few consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your community and discussing with them your goals as well as your options for abdominal contouring.

Good luck on your abdominal contouring journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD