Filler after rhinoplasty? (Photo)

Have a silicone nasal implant since 2008 Happy with results There is a slight indentation on left side of nose Can a filler be carefully injected to correct only the indentation avoiding the risk of infection Or any other alternative to just correct the indentation Dont want to remove the implant yet Please suggest

I would not inject any filler into an area where there is a previously placed permanent implant.  This increases the likelihood of an infection of the implant which may ultimately require removal.  

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Happy with results? Avoid risk of injections

Thanks for your question. In my view, the risk of percutaneous injections for your nose in the presence of a silicone implant posses too great a risk. Overall you said you are happy with your result and wish to avoid another surgery. An infection or skin necrosis from an injection would be a disaster for you, perhaps leading to implant removal or nasal revision.  I would suggest you avoid any unnecessary risk. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon