How bad will the scar be? (Photo)

It was pretty deep and my stitches are going to be removed tomorrow. (after 6 days since accident) I am afraid that this will look horrible. Can you please tell me what to do immediately after stitches come out and what to do next. Should I use mederma or just simple petroleum jel? Will this scar turn white or black? What can I do to stop the skin from stretching and the scar getting wider after stitches removal? Please give advise to minimise the scar.

Surgical scars and Plato's Scar Serum

I would use local wound care, steri strips, and apply a combination of Plato's Scar Serum with Melarase PM for your scars. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles