How can I assure finpecia (1mg) is not causing any sexual side effects? I'm 25 years old and have been on finpecia for 1 month.

how can i assure finpecia(1mg) is not causing any sexual side effects? i m 25 years old and have been on finpecia for 2 months after a break of 1 year,earlier i had it for 1.5 years and side effect was slight drop in sex drive. if any unnoticeable side effects occurs,will it be reversible after discontinuation .i m really confused to continue finpecia.

If you believe you are having a side effect from a medication it is best to discuss this with your doctor.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Causing any sexual side effects

you cannot assure that finpecia(1mg) is not causing any sexual side effects. Some times it takes about 3-6 mo to show side effects .But because of you have to use it for 1,5 year befor without any dramatic side effects , we can say you may use .. But it does not mean that you will never be side effects of it through life time . I dont advice to my young patients to use finasteride which is a chemical substance  because there is some reports that side effects may not be reversed after patient stop to use it.

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon