Am i a candidate for hair transplant? If not what other alternatives? Pls help 28 years old male. (photos)

I am suffering from hair loss from the age of 22.. I am 28 now. I am taking finastride for the past 6 months. But no improvement, with usual side effects. Kindly suggest me alternatives. Am i a candidate for hair transplant? Do i have sufficient donar area? If not what else? What kind of hair loss do i have. mbp? Other kinds?

Candidate for the hair transplant procedure

From what I can see from the photos, your condition is not a typical case of adrogenic alopecia.  You would not be considered an ideal candidate for hair restoration surgery, however you would be considered a “GOOD” candidate. It is of the upmost importance that you continue taking Finasteride as you have done if you have not experienced any considerable side effects. This is of the upmost importance in preparation for the most optimum outcome of the surgery. Of course an actual consultation with an experienced FUE surgeon will give you an actual surgical plan and an accurate estimate of the grafts necessary considering your calculated density, density, hair caliber and number of hairs per follicle.

Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you losing hair and want treatment options, it is best to see a doctor for an examination and consultation.

If you losing hair and want treatment options, it is best to see a doctor for an examination and consultation.  Photos on the Internet is not a substitute for an examination and you cannot realistically expect a personal recommendation.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Am I a candidate for a hair transplant?

Bercause of your curly hair, it is difficult to identify the pattern of hair loss. Right now I would first get a HAIRCHECK examination of your hair and see if you are balding and then go on the drug finpecia

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

You are a good candidate for Organic Hair Transplant

Greetings

Organic Hair Transplantation” is based on injection of a mixture containing adipose derived stem cells obtained from own fat tissue of the patient to the scalp of the patient. The recipient area gets rejuvenated and the viability of transplanted grafts is increased with the effects of adipose derived stem cell injection. The injection of adipose derived stem cells also provides a better work area for the surgeon. Stem cells are one of the most popular topics in the science area and it is a well-known fact that the life was built on the shoulders of these cells. Stem cells are used in treatment of many diseases today. Aesthetic plastic surgery is another area that stem cells are used for their advantages. Stem cells are obtained from the own adipose tissue of the patient. It can be stated that stem cells transferred to another place in the body yields rejuvenating, refreshing and repairing effects on the tissue. “Organic Hair Transplantation” method uses the advantages of the stem cells at the maximum level.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Canddiate

You may need an in person exam to determine the answer for sure but form the pictures it does not look like you need one just yet. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist