Hi. I am 27 years old and married. I have gynacomastia since I was 16. Planing to go for a surgery. How useful is it? (photos)

I'm worried about the scars and the other side effects in the Internet. However, cant wait to get rid of them. Attaching photos. Kindly suggest anything that's important.

Sever gynecomastia

There is no simple solution to your problem.You have a severe case of gynecomastia and for best results you should see an expert in this field. In the long term it is much cheaper.  Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection. 1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience. 2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient. 3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering? 4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery? We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery. So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

You will definitely benefit from Liposuction and Gland Excision of the Chest

Hi. You will definitely benefit from Gynecomastia Correction. 

Watch a live example about Gynecomastia
o Gynecomastia Correction
o Gynecomastia Correction with Gland Excision Technique

Testimonial:o Male Chest Correction - Gynecomastia Testimonial - Chennai Plastic Surgery

How Useful is Gynecomastia?

Results from #gynecomastia surgery are permanent.  Following #surgery, your #incisions will go through a maturation process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the #scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the #surgical area. This is a result of the healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These #symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent.
You should contact a #boardcertified #plastic #surgeon for an in-person consultation to discuss the best treatment options for you.

Hi. I am 27 years old and married. I have gynacomastia since I was 16. Planing to go for a surgery. How useful is it?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Every patient who presents for "gynecomastia" surgery is different; the operation indicated to improve each patient's situation will depend on his unique physical examination and goals. Furthermore, the scars that result from gynecomastia surgery will vary from one patient to another, again depending on many factors. For example, if a patient has a significant amount of redundant/loose skin, then excision of the skin will be necessary to achieve a flat chest wall. Areola reduction surgery will likely be necessary as well. Resulting scars may be present around the areola and along the infra mammary crease as well.
On the other hand, if the patient does not have a significant amount of excess skin or loss of skin elasticity, then a smaller scar ( for example just under each areola) may result.
My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Gynecomastia and Scars

You appear to be a good candidate for male breast reduction. Most surgeons make incisions around the areola so that when it heals it is barely detectable. Be sure to choose your surgeon wisely, you want a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia. View many before and after pictures so that you can determine what type of results you can expect. Read online reviews of the surgeons you are considering. Good luck!

Miguel Delgado, MD

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you would benefit from a breast reduction.  If it is determined that you have glandular tissue (it appears you do), it can be excised and liposuction can be performed to improve your chest's contour.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Utility of Gynecomastia Surgery

Gynecomastia surgery is highly effective. While the majority of gynecomastia cases have no known cause, it is always important to make sure to first rule out an underlying cause and manage that. In terms of surgery, this can be broken down to treatment with liposuction (typically with ultrasound-assisted or similar device), gland excision, and in some cases skin removal. The fewest scars are noted with liposuction, and in some cases that alone can be very effective, but if there is excessive gland tissue still, then this needs to be removed as well. If there is loose skin, which can occur after substantial weight loss or severe cases of gynecomastia, additional incisions may be required to manage that. In the end, an experienced, certified plastic surgeon should carefully evaluate you and come up with a plan that meets your goals - but yes, this surgery is highly effective

Gynecomastia Surgery

Gynecomastia surgery is quite useful once you have made sure that there is little chance for further development of breast tissue after the surgery. If you have had what you have since puberty, then you probably need no further evaluation. If, however, the development has been progressive, you need your family physician to determine why you have the problem. Gynecomastia surgery is actually a spectrum of procedures from simple to complex depending on the extent of the breast development. It appears that you are in the middle of the spectrum with both significant breast tissue development and excess skin. Although excess skin requires more scaring, almost everyone believes the final result is well worth the trade. (See PlasticSurgeryToday.com/breast-remodeling-highlands-north-carolina/male-breast-reduction/)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

This can be entirely performed through and almost invisible tiny spot inside your armpit with no visible scar on the front of the chest. Find a board-certified plastic surgeon that is familiar  with this technique and you should do well. 

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for gynecomastia removal

It is important to meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. By looking at your pictures you seem to be a candidate for Gynecomastia removal.

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed

#malebreastreduction
#gynecomastia
#gynecomastiaremoval