I'm 23yrs old and I'm planning to get a chin implant intra orally with a large size chin implant on 6th of August. Advice?

on 12th September I have my best friend's wedding... Will I be able to attend it....or will I look all swollen ????

Chin Augmentation Recovery

Generally, after a chin implant procedure there will be swelling for about 6 – 8 weeks. The majority of your swelling will decrease before your friend’s wedding, but it should not be that noticeable. However, I would advise you to have future cosmetic procedure after any big events in case of any issues. Speak to your facial plastic surgeon about how you can reduce swelling faster. 

In terms of the type of approach to the placement of the implant, the intra oral approach does have a higher risk of complications than making a small incision under the chin.  Although with an intra oral incision, you avoid having an external incision, you really should have an extensive discussion with your facial plastic surgeon about these increased risks such as nerve injury and infection.  Chin implants make a fantastic improvement with facial balance and really help ward off the aging process so they are overall a great procedure.  Much success, enjoy the wedding and have a great open talk with your surgeon so you can really enjoy the whole process.  

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Planning to get a chin implant intra orally with a large size chin implant on 6th of August. Advice?

Yes, don't get the implant placed intra-orally and in my experience very few people require a size Large chin implant.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.   An intra-oral incision should not be used for placement of a chin implant in my opinion.  This approach cuts through the mentalis muscle attachment, to the chin, that allows upward migration of the implant as well as promote chin ptosis.  I have personally seen numerous examples of both in patients who had an intra-oral incision performed elsewhere.  Once cut, it's impossible to completely re-create the mentalis muscle attachment to the bone.  In addition, this approach isn't sterile (the placement through a small skin incision under the chin is a sterile approach), requires a much larger incision, has a greater amount of tissues dissection which means a longer surgery time, with additional swelling and recovery. 

Hope this helps.