I'm 19 years old but my breasts are not well developed. What should i do ?

Under-developed breasts

Every woman has a unique and individual view of her own body.  For some women, having small breasts is "natural" and they would never consider doing anything to change that.  For other women, having under-developed breasts means that the body they have is not the body they would feel most comfortable with.  When you look in the mirror or try on clothes if you are displeased with your results then you should consider seeing a board certified plastic surgeon.  Look fore someone who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, has experience performing breast augmentation, and who will listen to your concerns and wishes.

You could still wait for a year or two but most of your breast development should have happened by now. The best option for breasts enhancement would be Breast Augmentation using Cohesive Silicone Gel Implants. Please find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who can evaluate you and discuss treatment options. 

All The Best !

Ajaya Kashyap, MD
India Plastic Surgeon

Small breasts

Hi & thank you for your question.
If you are unhappy with your breast size consider having breast augmentation surgery. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  Best of luck!

Breast Implants

We women are incredibly aware of our breast appearance-- maybe even more than men are. Breasts are sexual and sensual, a big part of what makes us women, and they can dictate our sense of attractiveness and desirability (for better or worse). Many women embrace this procedure because it carries little risk of complication and because an implant can be inserted through a tiny incision and is a quick, nearly scarless operation. There are various factors regarding how you want your breasts to look and feel, but if you and your doctor have a good, open line of communication, you shouldn’t need to go back and forth on your decision. Breast augmentation surgery is routinely performed in a surgeon’s office. You will be given a local anesthetic and twilight sedation during the length of the surgery, which is typically one to two hours. You will feel relaxed but not too groggy during recovery. When you wake up, you’ll probably feel as if your breasts are pushed up to your chin. Part of this is imaginary, but as to the part that is real, don’t panic, the swelling will usually go down in about two weeks. It is also possible that you will have some pain postoperatively, but this should get better within a few days. The procedure is fine for a healthy 19 year old as long as your expectations are realistic and you have an understanding of the commitment needed for the healing process. Make sure that you understand the nature of your surgery, the recovery process, and that you feel comfortable and emotionally ready to make these changes to your body.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Breast size

If your breast size is a concern to you then look into getting a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  At the time of the consultation the doctor will better asses your concerns and answer all your questions.You should bring with you a list of questions for your surgeon, some photos of how you would like your breasts to look after surgery .  This will help you in your final decision and will give your surgeon an idea of what your looking to achieve.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation vs ...

Hello, I would recommend evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and discuss your options. Good Luck.

Breast Augmentation

I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who specializes in Breast Augmentation. They will examine you, measure your breast and provide breast augmentation options.

All the best

Breast Augmentation - Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and to discuss your desired outcome. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

I am 19 and potentially interested in breast augmentation

It's really hard to answer your question with so little information.  

The first question you should ask yourself is:
  • Why are you thinking about getting breast augmentation?

The second question should be:
  • Why now?

When you can answer these questions, I encourage you to meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in breast enhancement surgery (not all of them do) and discuss your goals.

I hope that helps!

I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing your concerns and options for larger breasts. 

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon