I'm 19 and I'm experiencing huge hair loss for 1 month. What is the reason for this?

I'm 19 and whenever I massage my scalp or wash my hairs I'm experiencing huge hair fall for 1 month. What is the reason for this ? I maintain a healthy lifestyle with no junk food . I also workout 5 times a week and drink 4-5 liters of water everyday. This problem started a month ago. Please help me with that.

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor. There is no way to tell

If you are losing hair and want treatment options you should schedule a consultation with a doctor.  There is no way to tell why you are losing hair on the Internet. 

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

19 with hair loss

I am assuming that you are a male, If that is the case, the greatest cause of hair loss is genetic in men (99%) so if it is real hair loss, then you should see a doctor and be sure.  Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Huge hair loss....Englewood Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, you need to be evaluated by a hair expert. There are multiple  causes for acute  hair shedding. You will need a good history and examination. Once the diagnosis has been determined, a treatment plan can be developed. 

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon