Recommendations and Opinions for breast implants. (photos)

Judging by the photos what would your opinion and recommendations be for the type, profile, shape, texture, and kind of implant for me ? I don't care if people can tell they are fake ( anyone that knows me well enough to care or say something knows that I am going under the knife and is encouraging about it ) I pretty much know what I want I just want other opinions that maybe I have not thought about or considered.

Recommendations for breast implants

Thanks for your question.  Your breasts have a normal shape with no sagging and good symmetry, so you should be a good candidate for the procedure.  You will get the best advice during a proper consultation with a certified plastic surgeon because they will do a full examination including detailed breast measurements.  They can then help you choose implants based on your anatomy and by using other techniques like sizers you can try on, looking at photos, virtual imaging of the possible results, etc.

Recommendations and Opinions for breast implants.

You have a number of good qualities going for you. Your breasts are youthful looking and close together naturally, so you should get very pretty cleavage with an augmentation. I would recommend a high profile smooth, round silicone implant. This will allow for placement of more volume relative to your petite frame. You don't want the implant wider than your natural breast width. I would love to see you in consultation to answer all your questions and show you different sizes and styles of implants. Good luck!

Breast implants in a nutshell

Breast implant selection is an important process and requires good communication between you and your surgeon. Typically, breast measurements are initially obtained to provide an initial guide to implants appropriate for your chest. It's then advised that you try different sizers in a normal bra with a tight t-shirt on to get an idea of what your breasts would look like. It's important to focus on the look that you want and not overly focus on a specific cup size or implant size.  Through this process, you'll be able to determine the best profile for you.  Most of my patients prefer silicone implants as they feel the most natural.  Specifically, I find that round smooth silicone implants tend to feel the most soft and natural, and provide great results based on my patients' feedback.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Recommendations

To answer your question I would need more information.  I start my consults by asking what size you are now, then asking what size you'd like to be.  Then we discuss the shape and the "more natural" or "more fake" shape you like.  I review before and after photos with you so you can show me examples of size and shape you like.  Then we do measurements on you and an exam.  After all that...then we can discuss the right size and shape of implant to achieve the result you want!  I hope this helps.

Broad recommendations: silicone implants, under you muscle, infra-mammary fold incision.  

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question and photographs. Anatomically you appear to be an excellent candidate for placement of partial subpectoral silicone gel breast implants (cohesive).  Avoidance of implants that are excessively large is in your best interest in my opinion.  In my practice, I would be discussing use of a transaxillary incision to avoid the prominent inframammary scar that I have seen in many patients.  Although I like areolar incisions I think your areolar diameter in the picture is too small for an appropriately sized implant.  I would recommend round smooth mid profile or mid-profile plus cohesive gel implants placed through the axilla in a partial subpectoral position.  I choose the final implant size during the procedure when test implants are positioned and the results can be directly viewed. Others of course have other preferences based on their experience and achieve equally good results.  Best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Recommendations for breast implants.

Thank you so much for sharing this question and your photos. To me, you look like a very good candidate for surgery and so I believe many different types of breast implants, including various sizes. The specifics of a recommendation will be based on your desired results including your goals for symmetry, size, cleavage, etc. For a more fake look you can consider larger breast implants and those with high projecting profiles such as the Mentor HP series. 

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: Your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. or the type of implant. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing suit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

With your starting anatomy you can have a very attractive result from augmentation surgery. Show your surgeon photos of the look you want by using true postop photos that are available on this and many other websites. Once the surgeon understands your goal he/she can develop a plan to help you meet that goal. 

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. You appear to have great starting symmetry and shape, just wanting more volume. I bet you will do well with just about any option you choose. Plan to spend time in your consultation, and ask to try the various implants in a bra (bring several different tops you like to wear). Make sure you communicate with your surgeon about your goals & wishes. Best of luck!

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon