After baby born, my belly is huge, loose, and hips are tight are wide. Thinking about what's better for me? (photos)

Liposuction are several different : ultra , smart Lipo, cool Lipo, traditional liposuction , I' m really want to listen which one are better help my skin tight?

Liposuction - which is better after a baby

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Babies are great but they change our bodies.
  • The first step is trying to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight 
  • This can take 6  months at least as your body adjusts.
  • Second, if you plan more children, then liposuction is a good idea -
  • But you will need a tummy tuck after your family to repair the tummy -
  • The problem is loose skin and muscle, not just fat.
  • Liposuction will remove fat from specific places - but don't worry about choosing the machine.
  • Choose your surgeon and let your surgeon choose the machine.
  • It is your surgeon's skill and experience that determines your result, not the machine.
  • Pulsatile liposuction is overall, the liposuction preferred by most plastic surgeons.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Loose skin

If your major issue is loose skin, a tummy tuck will usually give you the best result.  Tummy Tucks remove the loose extra skin and tighten the weakened or separated abdominal muscles that are a result of pregnancies.  Liposuction can be added to areas to help contour the waist etc.  Lipo is not a skin tightening procedure.  A full exam by your plastic surgeon should help you get your answers.

Tummy tucks vs. Liposuction

Pregnancy often times stretches not only your skin but also your abdominal wall and unfortunately, liposuction alone won’t be able to fix both problems. For you,  a full tummy tuck with some additional liposuction may be needed to give you a nice contoured body. During a tummy tuck, your surgeon would tighten your abdominal muscles and then get rid of the excess skin and fat on your tummy. He could also treat any excess fat on your back and hips. If you were to be treated with liposuction alone, you may be left with some additional excess skin that you don’t want. 

Liposuction after child birth

Thank you for your question and pictures. After an initial examination of your pictures I think you would probably benefit more from a tummy tuck with liposuction to see the best results. However, I would need to examine you in person to give you my final recommendations. A tummy tuck will tighten your abdominal muscles and remove excess skin. The liposuction can be used to further contour your body so you have your pre-baby body. You should find a board certified plastic surgeon to consult with in person to get a better idea of what is truly best for you!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!