Incision under breast looks odd (Photo)

I am very worried about my incision seems that my breast is square and the incision is retracted ( inverted )It is normal? What I can't do to improve or prevent be like that ? I did my BA 4 weeks ago n my right breast is fine but my left one look so square , I'm 5'7 , 118 lb n I was A cup now 304 cc natrelle -15.

Incision under breast looks odd

At 4 weeks post-op it's too early to tell what your final result will be from the IMF incision used for your breast augmentation.Talk to your plastic surgeon and ask what type of scar management your should be performing.
This should help. Be patient, these things take time, but definitely communicate with your surgeon.
Good luck

BA scar worries

Dear Pam77,
Thank you for posting your question, it raises many good points for discussion.

Firstly your scar should improve greatly with the passage of time, and with the improvement in scar appearance there will also be an improvement in breast shape.

Secondly scars run a natural course of maturation, that can take many months to complete, so patience is important.

Thirdly, scar massage and active management will accelerate this natural process.

And finally, if you have any concerns after surgery, then please share them, as you have. Realself provides a wonderful avenue for information, but your plastic surgeon would no doubt wish to hear of your concerns first hand and will be best able to assist you through the process.

James

James Southwell-Keely, MD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

BBA

At only 4 weeks post-op, it's a bit early to be worried about the incision scar.  It takes a year to see what your final scar will be like.  Having said that, you should discuss your concerns with your PS.  They can recommend a scar management protocol for you.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

When concerned about scars

its always best to check with your surgeon.  Techniques vary with doctors so your doctor should have a great idea of what is causing this and the best way to remedy it.  Revisions can always make things better too if it doesn't go away.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast Incision

When was your surgery?  That appearance can be quite normal following breast augmentation.  Are you doing scar massage?  Usually over time the skin and soft tissues soften, the implants settle a bit and this rounds out nicely.  Your scar appears to be somewhat tethered, however.  Ask your plastic surgeon about scar massage. 

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Incision Retraction

It is very early postop so time will likely result in improvement.  I suspect that the appearance of your incision is not a result of abnormal scarring but rather the manner in which the incision was stitched.  Sometimes a deep stitch is placed to secure the position of the fold so it does not move.  This can result in a retracted appearance that will generally improve with time.  As stated by others, discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Scarring following breast augmentation

Women should always carefully follow the instructions of their plastic surgeon following breast augmentation surgery. Often, plastic surgeons will recommend a topical preparation for scar reduction. In my practice, we provide topical scar products and we also provide Pulsed Dye laser treatments at no charge following surgery with no additional charge. Any concerns about your result should be brought to the attention of your plastic surgeon right away. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Let the incision have time to heal!

Please contact your surgeon about recommendations on scar massage.  If you flew in for surgery and are now in a different area of the country then Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!