Burned skin on face because of toothpaste. I don't want a scar. What can I do?

I put Colgate on my skin to dry out acne 2 nights ago. I woke up to find my skin a darker shade than my skin tone and it looks burned. It peels off when slightly tagging on it got creams from a dermatologist who says it's just like a scratch and will heal. When skin is peeled off there's pinkish new skin under and it stings. I dont know if it is a 1st/2nd degree burn. I don't want it to scar because its pretty big and directly on my face. What can I do please help I dont want a scar on my face!

Dark scar discoloration and Melarase creams for brightening

I would treat your dark scars with a combination of Melarase AM and Melarase PM, Replenish cream, and Melapads to lighten the dark scar discoloration. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Fading agents can help with scars

Be guided by your dermatologist, the use of simple sunscreen and fading agents if it pigments can help. all the best, Dr Davin S. Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist