If Someone in Their Mid-thirties, Should One Get Cellulaze Done Now or Wait Until It Gets Worse?

Cellulite on the buttocks and back of thighs, treat now or wait?

Cellulaze treatment in my 30's

There is no reason to wait until your Cellulite worsens, in general, before having the procedure - unless you have very minimal cellulite.  If your cellulite is moderate to severe, postponing probably does not offer any benefit.  It is not known if the procedure prevents cellulite from ever forming, as it has been studied to treat cellulite that is currently present. 

Missoula Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze in Young Woman with Early Cellulite

Hi,

Cellulaze is a new technology used to treat cellulite.  It seems to be promising, but as with all new devices, I prefer to be conservative in their use.  If you are young with minimal cellulite, it won't hurt to wait a year or so to determine the safety and effectiveness of Cellulaze in cllinical use.  The last thing that you want is to have an adverse event when your concerns were not so bad to begin with.  As with all treatments, be sure to choose your treating physician carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze is most effective against moderate degrees of cellulite.

Cellulaze is most effective against moderate degrees of cellulite.  Cellulite is graded by the modified Muller Nurnberger scale which most physicians treating cellulite are familiar with.

If your cellulite is minimal then whatever improvement you get from Cellulaze is harder to recognize, because your cellulite was not that bad to begin with.

With moderate degrees of cellulite the improvement is easier to recognize and the effect is very long lasting.

Some patients with severe cellulite are also good candidates for Cellulaze treatments but need to have realistic expectations about the results that they can achieve.  Definite improvement is achieved in these patients, but some signs of cellulite are likely to remain.

Cellulaze treats the three causes of cellulite:

1. thinning skin
  2. fat herniation into the deep surface of the fat
  3. fibrous bands which create dimpling

The results are very long term and treating someone in an earlier stage of cellulite will likely help prevent them from progressing to the later stages although this has not been studied or verified with trials.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

I'm in my Mid-thirties and Am Wondering if I Should Get Cellulaze Done Now or Wait Until It Gets Worse?

Cellulite can occur in upto 85% of all women.  It is cause by fibrous bands.  Using the cellulaze to relase these bands has shown good long term results - upto two years.  If it bothers you, you should it done.  The technology is based on the Smart Lipo Triplex that has been around for awhile and proven to be very safe.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Cellulaze will improve mild cellulite as well

It is always best to treat a problem when it is not very severe, as the results are much better and may last longer.

By treating cellulite when it starts, it may be possible to have outcomes that are much better than what could be obtained once the condition has become severe.

Mario Diana, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Should I get Cellulaze done now or wait until it gets worse?

This is a difficult question to answer without an in-person consultation because I'd really have to see the extent off your current cellulite. By your mid-thirties you should be seeing the foundation of permanent cellulite which means if it were treated with Cellulaze there is a good chance it will not come back within w few years. It may never come back or get worse once treated but there is not enough long-term studies (5 to 10 years) to know for sure. I would advice that you find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon near you who offers Cellulaze and get an in-person consultation to see what your options are.

Andrew Kaczynski, MD (retired)
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Are You a Candidate for Cellfina

Cellulite affects up to 85% of adult women and can be extremely difficult to #correct. Many treatments are ineffective or take multiple sessions to complete with very temporary results. If you are deemed a candidate, you may benefit from #Cellfina. Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.

Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance. Seek more information or learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting in-person with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Cellulaze Treatment and Age

There is no benefit to waiting until your cellulite gets worse as you age.  Early data shows results are lasting for years based on the studies done during FDA trials.  I see the best results when treating with Cellulaze for patients who have mild to moderate cellulite. 

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Stop Cellulite now

There is no need to wait for it to worsen. This is a quick procedure to rid you of cellulite, it method promotes skin thickening resulting in tighter, smoother skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze Treatment

Cellulaze delivers best results for women who are not significantly overweight but have mild to moderate cellulite on their thighs. Please talk to your Cellulaze physician to get the best information cellulite laser treatments.

Daniel Shapiro, MD