Possible Improving Thin Upper Lip with a Natural Look? (photo)

I have a very thin upper lip.However I have the pink part of my upper lip not showing.I want to get my lips done but I want a very natural look. I have provided 2 photos the first one shows what my lips look like naturally the other what my upper lip looks like when I lift it.What could I do?

How To Cosmetically Enhance A Thin Upper Lip?

If you have never had any cosmetic procedures to enhance your upper lip I recommend starting out with lip injections such as Belotero. Belotero is a dermal filler that contains hyaluronic acid, which is naturally found in the body. It binds with water found in the body which causes it to plump. It typically lasts around a year. If you are happy with the results of the dermal filler I would then consider a lip implant. This involves surgery but in the long run it is more cost efficient than returning for dermal fillers every year. I recommend that you find a board certified plastic surgeon with plenty of experience.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Possible Improving Thin Upper Lip with a Natural Look?

I have performed Lip Augmentation for over 20 years and IMHO, the gold standard is the Alloderm Lip Implant that will enhance the upper lip in a very natural and attractive manner.  I have used Alloderm Lip Implants for over 20 years.  I  wrote a scientific paper on the various methods of Lip Augmentation and found Alloderm to be superior to all the rest.

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. In my office I like to use dermal fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane Silk for lip augmentation. These are hyaluronic acid fillers that can easily be dissolved with an enzyme known as hyaluronidase if you are unhappy with the results. I recommend having a consultation with an experienced and talented injector to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lip Augmentation

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Improving Thin lips through Fillers for a natural looking result

I have injected lips for over 20 years and the key is understanding the facial anatomy and also what "look" a patient wants.  There is no "best" filler for every single patient.  The key is really understanding what shape and size of one's lips will improve with a filler and the amount to use.  This difference is what makes lip augmentation an art and not just a science.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in lip injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Improving a thin upper lip.

Thank you for your photos.  In the face it is a good idea to start with something non permanent.  The soft and hard tissue of the face will change with time.  We usually start out with a hyaluronic acid based filler, (i.e.; juvederm, restylane).  It looks like you may benefit from some volume in the upper lip.  Best to see a few experienced injectors and see what they offer.  It can look natural and get the volume that you want.  

Improving a thin upper lip.

Natural Appearing Lip Augmentation

There are a couple of options you may want to consider to achieve natural appearing fullness in your lips: 1) fillers which are temporary, but will give you fullness in the upper lip and 2) a lip implant which is more of a permanent solution but is reversible.  Please consult with a board certified surgeon who can best assist you in achieving the results you desire.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Natural Appearing Lip Augmentation

Kimberly Lee, MD

Engancing thin upper lip with fillers

A minimally invasive solution to your thin upper lip is injection with a filler such as juvederm.  Since you desire a natural look, your injector should start conservatively with a small amount of product.  The product can be injected to

1. line the border of the lip and
  2. enhance the meat of the upper lip. 

You will see the results immediately so you can guide the injector as to how big you want your upper lip.  I also take into consideration the balance between the upper and lower lip as well as the size of the patient's features.  Not everyone looks better with big lips!

Engancing thin upper lip with fillers

1. line the border of the lip and
  2. enhance the meat of the upper lip. 

Silicone Done Conservatively is Great Filler for Lips

I have a lot of experience with liquid silicone as a filler in the lip, and when done conservatively with the right injection techniques, the results are very natural looking.  As silicone is so precise and as very small amounts are need to achieve good results, I personally feel it gives great results for those seeking very natural, but conservative lip augmentation.  While difficult with any filler to naturally augment a very thin upper lip, it can be done with the right filler and with good technique by an experienced injector. 

Thin upper lip

I agree with the others who suggested hyaluronic acid fillers (such as Restylane or Juvederm) to augment the upper lip.  If the correct volume of filler is injected in the appropriate locations, you should be able to achieve a natural look.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Thin upper lip

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Lip enhancement

Pictures too small and of poor quality to give you an opinion. See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery) for consultation and plan of treatment. You need to see some one who understands the components of a beautiful upper lip and the relation to the lower lip. Lip enhancement is not jut injecting a filler. It is an art.

Lip enhancement