Improving Under Eye Hollowness with Dermal Fillers

I have (SEVERE) hollowness under both eyes, but much more severe in my right than left. I am 16 years old, and looking for a temporary way of getting rid of my lower hollowness. I am healthy, somewhat chubby, and I suppose my hollows are due to genetics. Which filler could be used? Any precautions?

Doctor Answers 3

Treatment for Hollowness Under Eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The other panelists would use the same products as our practice, Restylane or Juvederm.  We do not use longer lasting fillers in this area because it is very delicate and unforgiving when done incorrectly.  The "deeper" technique mentioned by Dr. Mandy involves injecting "under the muscle".  If your practitioner did not know what this meant, then you should run as fast as possible.  Request pictures and ask how often the practitioner performs this procedure.  Good luck.

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Undereye fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The most common fillers used in the tear trough/subocular fold are the hyaluronic acid agents (Juvederm/Restylane/Prevelle etc) and they must be injected deeply in small quantities to give a smooth result.  The best thing about hyaluronic acid fillers is that they can be "undone" by using the enzyme hyaluronidase if you do not like the result.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Improving under eye hollowness

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Any hyaluronate filler (restylane, juvederm) would work. Others such as sculptra have been used but are technically more difficult to get a good result and have a greater risk of a bad result. You can look at my blog for more details.

Aaron Stone, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.