How Can I Improve the Look of my Chest (male)? (photo)

I don't really like the shape of my chest, there is little muscle, and little fat. I got checked the for Gynecomastia and I don't have it. In there any way I can improve the way my chest look? In there any way to make my nipple more erected? this really change the way my chest look Thanks,

Doctor Answers 9

Told It Wasn't Gynecomastia

Hi David,

Thanks for the post and photo. I actually think you do have gynecomastia based on the photo. I would get a second opinion with a plastic surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia surgery. If the diagnosis is confirmed then surgery would be an option to improve the contour of your chest. 


Dr. Dadvand

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 45 reviews

How Can I Improve the Look of my Chest (male)? (photo)

One option for a more defined male chest is pectoral implants.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to find out if you are a candidate.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS
Houston Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 82 reviews

Improving the Appearance of the Male Chest

Although you were told you do not have Gynecomastia, that is what your picture shows. Perhaps you have no nodule of breast tissue, but you definitely have enlargement of the breast area. This should be correctable with Liposuction alone (or, at worst, liposuction combined with resection of minimally palpated breast tissue). The other alternative is that you need to lose weight. If so, this may correct a lot of your problem. If it does not, then Liposuction is, again, your option. See another qualified Plastic Surgeon with experience in male surgery.


Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reviews





If you have been seen for GYNECOMASTIA and you were not a candidate for that, you will be a great candidate for VASER LIPOSUCTION from the pictures you posted. It will get rid of your fat pockets and give you better contour. You would need to see a Surgeon so you can get examined and from there determine if you would benefit from that procedure.


Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
3.3 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Improve Appearance of Chest?

Thank you for the question and pictures.

It may be in your best interest to be examined again.  Seek consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.  If, after all, gynecomastia is diagnosed then it is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.

Best wishes.

Tom J. Pousti, MD, FACS
San Diego Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1,488 reviews


looks pretty much like classical gynecomastia from the photographs. look into "Scarless" male breast reduction.

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon
3.8 out of 5 stars 25 reviews

You probably do have Gynecomastia.

From your picture it looks as you probably have Gynecomastia.You should have a consultation with a plastic surgeon that has experience with gynecomastia. Look at different plastic surgeons web sites that disply multiple pictures of before and after gynecomastia surgery. 

Mordcai Blau, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 74 reviews

Treat Gynecomastia with liposuction and excision for a more manly chest

In your photos, I see you have puffy nipples and a rounded breast shape. The lateral (side) of the breast hides the edge of your chest muscle making your chest look softer and less masculine. Liposuction can re-shape the chest and excision of breast tissue can make the nipples appear less puffy, more erect. Get a second opinion; get checked again.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Male Chest

To make the male chest more appealing, loose the weight and increase muscle mass. Diet and excercise

Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.