How to Improve Protruding Chin with a Dent?

My chin is very ugly looking from the front. It has a huge dent, and not the cleft dent its the actual form of the chin. It looks like a ball on my face. How do I fix this?

What kind of surgery is needed? I don't want my chin to be tiny or anything I just don't want the frontal view to look like it does. Thanks.

Doctor Answers 1

Chin Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In general, a protruding Chin can corrected by directly burring and recontouring the actual bone.  The need to cut a segment of the chin and move it forward or backward, or not move it at all, would be determined based on a patient's lateral profile.

All the best,

Jeff Weinzweig, MD

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.