What Are the 3 Most Important Questions to Ask During a Labiaplasty Consult?
Doctor Answers 13
Questions to ask about labiaplasty
Be wary of techniques that remove tissue and amputate the free edge!!!
Understand what king of technique is being used. Avoid trimming by all means. It is my preference not to excise tissue like the conventional central wedge technique but rather to use a transposition flap and deepitheliealize. This procedure is much safer and yields beautiful results. Be careful as many practitioners simply amputate the edge leaving severe deformities
Consult for labiaplasty
Labiaplasty is one of those procedures where artistry and experience makes a difference. A labiaplasty can be done in an hour with removing the excess tissue or it can be seen a a major artistic transformation that can take 3-4 hours.
Being comfortable with your surgeon, ask questions on why certain procedures are done and making sure that you are achieving your goals as a patient is important.
You might also like...
Important questions for labiaplasty
What type of anesthesia?
What is the healing time and post operative care?
Labiaplasty: consultation questions
Three good questions to ask:
- 1.Who are you Board Certified by?
- 2.What is your experience with this surgery?
- 3.What is your preferred method and why?
3 Most Important Pre-Op Labiaplasty Questions
1) What is the labiaplasty technique that you will use?
2) How may labiaplasty procedures have you performed?
3) Let me see your before and after labiaplasty photos.
Most commonly I use the trim method which reduces the excess skin and can be carefully trimmed so that the edges are smooth and symetrical. The wedge technique often does not remove enough tissue. I have perforemd labiaplasty procedures since 1997. At consultation, a patient should be examined and shown before and after photographs of labiaplasty procedures and this will reassure the patient. This is a surgical procedure that requires some technical and artistic skills to accomplish. Please take the time to speak to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can answer your questions, before you proceed. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift
Questions for Labiaplasty consult
During your visit, you should ask these questions
1) Are you a Plastic Surgeon?
2) Where is the procedure performed.
3) Is the center fully accredited. If yes, by who?
4) Ask about their experience and look at the before and after photo
5) Ask if you a candidate for labiaplasty
Labiaplasty questions to ask
2. What technique do you use (wedge and de-epithelialization is the safest and indicated in most all cases)?
3. Show me photos and tell me about your level of experience.
Bonus: show me reviews of labiaplasty patients!
Questions to Ask Before Labiaplasty
It is important to know that your plastic surgeon is very experienced in labiaplasty.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.