Understand what king of technique is being used. Avoid trimming by all means. It is my preference not to excise tissue like the conventional central wedge technique but rather to use a transposition flap and deepitheliealize. This procedure is much safer and yields beautiful results. Be careful as many practitioners simply amputate the edge leaving severe deformities
What Are the 3 Most Important Questions to Ask During a Labiaplasty Consult?
Doctor Answers 11
Questions to ask about labiaplasty
Important questions for labiaplasty
What type of anesthesia?
What is the healing time and post operative care?
You might also like...
The 3 most important questions to ask about labiaplasty
1) How frequently do you perform this operation?
2) What technique is best for me?
3) Can I see your before and after photos?
Labiaplasty: consultation questions
Three good questions to ask:
- 1.Who are you Board Certified by?
- 2.What is your experience with this surgery?
- 3.What is your preferred method and why?
3 Most Important Pre-Op Labiaplasty Questions
1) What is the labiaplasty technique that you will use?
2) How may labiaplasty procedures have you performed?
3) Let me see your before and after labiaplasty photos.
Most commonly I use the trim method which reduces the excess skin and can be carefully trimmed so that the edges are smooth and symetrical. The wedge technique often does not remove enough tissue. I have perforemd labiaplasty procedures since 1997. At consultation, a patient should be examined and shown before and after photographs of labiaplasty procedures and this will reassure the patient. This is a surgical procedure that requires some technical and artistic skills to accomplish. Please take the time to speak to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can answer your questions, before you proceed. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift
Questions for Labiaplasty consult
During your visit, you should ask these questions
1) Are you a Plastic Surgeon?
2) Where is the procedure performed.
3) Is the center fully accredited. If yes, by who?
4) Ask about their experience and look at the before and after photo
5) Ask if you a candidate for labiaplasty
Questions to Ask Before Labiaplasty
It is important to know that your plastic surgeon is very experienced in labiaplasty.
Labia minora reduction questions
Good question. I think the three most important questions you might ask our: 1. Am I a good candidate for the procedure (why or why not)?
2. What is your experience level with this procedure?
3. What are the complications associated with this procedure?
Bonus question: what is a recovery after this procedure?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.