Understand what king of technique is being used. Avoid trimming by all means. It is my preference not to excise tissue like the conventional central wedge technique but rather to use a transposition flap and deepitheliealize. This procedure is much safer and yields beautiful results. Be careful as many practitioners simply amputate the edge leaving severe deformities
What Are the 3 Most Important Questions to Ask During a Labiaplasty Consult?
Doctor Answers 10
Questions to ask about labiaplasty
Labiaplasty: consultation questions
Three good questions to ask:
- 1.Who are you Board Certified by?
- 2.What is your experience with this surgery?
- 3.What is your preferred method and why?
You might also like...
3 Most Important Pre-Op Labiaplasty Questions
1) What is the labiaplasty technique that you will use?
2) How may labiaplasty procedures have you performed?
3) Let me see your before and after labiaplasty photos.
Most commonly I use the trim method which reduces the excess skin and can be carefully trimmed so that the edges are smooth and symetrical. The wedge technique often does not remove enough tissue. I have perforemd labiaplasty procedures since 1997. At consultation, a patient should be examined and shown before and after photographs of labiaplasty procedures and this will reassure the patient. This is a surgical procedure that requires some technical and artistic skills to accomplish. Please take the time to speak to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can answer your questions, before you proceed. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Swift
Questions for Labiaplasty consult
During your visit, you should ask these questions
1) Are you a Plastic Surgeon?
2) Where is the procedure performed.
3) Is the center fully accredited. If yes, by who?
4) Ask about their experience and look at the before and after photo
5) Ask if you a candidate for labiaplasty
Labiaplasty questions to ask
2. What technique do you use (wedge and de-epithelialization is the safest and indicated in most all cases)?
3. Show me photos and tell me about your level of experience.
Bonus: show me reviews of labiaplasty patients!
Questions to Ask Before Labiaplasty
It is important to know that your plastic surgeon is very experienced in labiaplasty.
Labia minora reduction questions
Good question. I think the three most important questions you might ask our: 1. Am I a good candidate for the procedure (why or why not)?
2. What is your experience level with this procedure?
3. What are the complications associated with this procedure?
Bonus question: what is a recovery after this procedure?
Questions to ask during labiaplasty consultation...
Those seeking labiaplasty surgery are well advised to find a surgeon who both is experienced with that procedure and has a track record of good results. It goes without saying that such a surgeon should be board certified within the field of either plastic surgery or gynecology and also have an active practice involving vulvogaginal plastic surgery.
I think the 3 most important questions during the first consultation would be:
What is this surgeon's background experience with labiaplasty surgery?
Does he/she know how to perform more than a single method, so individualizing your surgery is possible?
Does he/she have photo examples their labiaplasty work? (This is essential!)
With the information gained from those questions, it should then be possible to determine if you're in the right office, or if your search for a labiaplasty surgeon should continue.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.