My scar looks much better 1 month after Fraxel, but there is still redness around the scar, will this go away?

its been a month since my last fraxel secession and my scar on the cheek looks much better now with the exception that the area around the scar has become red and its been like that for a whole month now. will it go away? continue fraxel? i have a big red mark on my cheek now, its more noticeable to me then the scar now, so insecure. i also want to know who can perform fraxel? a nurse did it, not a doctor. if they caused hyperpigmentation for life i want to sue them while i still can.

Redness after Fraxel

Redness can often happen after a laser procedure for scars. If the redness is very obvious you should return yo the treating physician and see if they can perform V-beam laser for the redness. For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel. 

Redness after Fractional Resurfacing

Hi Chelizy.  Redness is normal after laser resurfacing and sometimes it can lost for an extended period of time.  Keep it out of the sun and moisturized and you will likely heal well.  

As to who can do procedures, nurses are allowed to perform the procedures as long as there is supervision (standardized procedures).  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD