Implants Removed Vertical Lift Areola Too Small and Vertical Scar Too Long, What To Do? (photo)

Is there anything that can be done to make the smaller areola larger and lower since it is higher on the beast and has healed with the vertical scar covering it. I had large implants removed and feel like too much of a lift was done and now want areolas to stretch somehow and be lover on breast mound

What To Do?

First of all, overall this looks like a pretty good result following explantation. I am not trying to belittle what bothers you here. 

Unless the pigmented areolar skin is tight, it likely can be enlarged somewhat, especially downward where the lower edge seems a bit abnormal. Tattooing is an alternative, but will have to be redone every so often as it fades. 

As to the vertical scar, enlarging the areola may make this less noticeable. The fix would be converting the lift to a full anchor pattern and excise some excess tissue through an incision in the breast fold. 

All the best. 

Considering revision of a breast lift

You appearance is not unreasonable for the procedure that you just had.  It is possible that the inferior segment needs to be  tightened in the future.  I see no problem with the size of your areola.

Implants Removed Vertical Lift Areola Too Small and Vertical Scar Too Long, What To Do?

Neither of these issues that concern you is difficult to correct.  Altering the tension at several points will improve the shape, decrease the lower pole distance, and increase the size of the areolae.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast lifts and breast lift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lowering the areolas

I think you look pretty darn good for having had large implants out followed by an immediate lift.  I do a lot of these types of procedures and can tell you that big implants can leave breast tissue very thinned out and floppy and doing a lift under these conditions is very challenging.

That being said - you have a little bottoming out and a revision to raise the inframammary fold would make your nipples look a little lower and more centered on your breast mound.  As for your nipples - I would leave them alone.

And, again as a surgeon who does a lot of these tough cases, if you haven't sent your surgeon flowers, you should!  You look very, very nice!

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Scars and areola after lift

The only way to  make the areola large would be to tatto them a bit to give the appearance of larger areola. As for the scar it is hard to tell without an exam.

In general the anchor mastopexy is an inferior operation to a vertical procedure.

However, in this case I agree with my colleagues that conversion to the full anchor procedure would help to reduce your nipple-to-inframammary fold distance.

It might be possible to enlarge the areola at the same time by expanding the circle into which it is inset.

All the best.

Correct your breast appearance by converting to a T shaped mastopexy pattern.

Your photos show too long a distance from the bottom of your areolar to the fold beneath your breast.  As there is too much skin there, some needs to be removed and by converting to a inverted T mastopexy this extra skin can be removed and a better breast shape created.

Mastopexy after Implant Removal

Your nipple position looks fairly good to me. I believe that the main problem is stretching of the vertical scar causing bottoming out of the breast or pseudoptosis. This can be corrected by conversion to a T-scar type mastopexy if the shape concerns you enough to pursue a revision.

Limiting mastopexy to vertical scar only can create breasts shape issues.

The picture demonstrates a classic deficiency of limited incision mastopexy. The distance from the areola to decrease is too long giving a breast of bottoming out appearance. Conversion to more traditional mastopexy pattern can solve the problem.