I am a 55 year old female. Should I get Implants with my Breast Lift? (photo)

I am a 55 year old female. I am scheduled to get a Mommy Makeover and I can't decide if I should get implants with my breast lift. I like the look of implants better than not but I am not sure if I really need it? I am 5'10 and 200lbs. My bra size is about 40D. I had one surgeon tell me I should not because they would just sag again and I had another surgeon tell me I would look fat...your expertise is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Breast Lift Plus Implants Will Improve Your Mommy Makepover Result

From your photo you have Breast Ptosis and a Breast Lift is the proper procedure. Implants in addition will improve the result.

If you have a lift alone you will likely feel unhappy with the fullness of the breast above the nipple and the breast will be less firm, more "jiggly" in a bra. Most commonly women choose both Breast Lift and Implants along with a Tummy Tuck for a Mommy Makeover.

you appear to have enough volume here and i dont think the implants are a must. the smaller implants with the lift give better upper pole fullness. you can always have the implants placed as secondary procedure if you want them later

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast lift with or without implants

It all depends upon your desired aesthetic goals.  You'll get a nice shape with a breast lift, but if you want more cleavage and upper breast volume then you'll probably need implants.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

What are your goals?

It’s not unusual for patients to undergo both breast augmentation and breast lift as part of mommy makeover surgery.  The decision to use a breast implant is entirely dependent upon the patients’ aesthetic goals.  The majority of patients want breasts that have harmony, balance and proportion with the surrounding anatomic structures.             Under these circumstances, an implant can be used to create upper breast fullness, increase breast size or both.  When patients are happy with their breast size and upper breast fullness there’s really no reason to use an implant. In this situation a breast lift alone should be enough to meet the patient’s aesthetic goals.             It’s important that patients discuss their aesthetic goals with their surgeon if there considering the use of an implant.  Your surgeon should be able to determine the appropriateness of this maneuver.

I suggest staying with the BL & TT

Based on your pictures and D cup, I think you have plenty of breast volume.  A breast lift will make them perky, and a tummy tuck will actually make them seem larger (as it pulls in the stomach).  I don’t think you should consider an augmentation.  Wait till you have recovered from the Lift and Tummy Tuck, and then you can decide if you really want more breast volume. 
Dr. B

Should I get implants with my lift?

Really, the answer to your question depends on your goals.  In addition to lifting your breasts, do you want more volume?  If you are already a 40D and feel you are happy with your size currently but not with your sagging, my suggestion would be to proceed with your lift first.   Get the sagging correct and reassess.   You may have enough tissue to give you a great result without an implant.   After you've had your sagging corrected, you can always opt for a breast implant later if you want to be fuller in size.   In fact, you actually may get better results doing your lift and augmentation in two different stages.   Best wishes!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Breast Lift or Breast Lift with Implants

Based on your photos, you are an excellent candidate for Breast Lift surgery.  You appear to have plenty of breast tissue for a great result.  Go for it!  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

They are right!

You have plenty of tissue in your breasts to get a good result with the appropriate lift technique! When you re abdomen gets smaller from the abdominoplasty the breasts get proportionally larger. Adding implants will increase size and volume that can make you look heavier, which is what you are trying to avoid!

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with or without implants?

Great decision on having your mommy make over! From looking at your breast you have  great breast tissue, you would only need a breast lift. It all depends on the desired volume and fullness . If you would like a larger volume and more cleavage only then should a small implant be used. Good luck!

Fatima Almonte, MD

Should I get implants with my breast lift?

Thank you for the photos and congratulations on your decision to have a Mommy Makeover! From your photos, it appears that you have enough of your own breast tissue to achieve a nice result with a breast lift alone.  It really depends on what you are expecting.  If you desire upper pole fullness and more cleavage (which most women want) then I would suggest a small implant.  Remember that you can always add an implant later! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon