Implants and Crossfit?

I'm 34 years old. Had implants for 3 years (250cc under the muscle wanted natural looking saline implants ). I'm only 5'1. I've been doing crossfit for the last 6 months LOVE it but my concern is the lifts are getting heavier. I can do push ups , pull ups, handstand push ups, ring dips, etc... Working on muscle ups which brings me to my concern of implants popping out? I'm pretty scared about the pressure. I've been looking at weight lifters that have implants and they seem fine

Can I do cross fit with implants

You should be just fine to enjoy crossfit as long as you are fully healed which you should be at 3 years post op,  Have fun!!  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Activities after breast augmentation

You should be okay with type of lifting that you are doing.  The only patients that would be of a concern have are bodybuilder types who do heavy bench pressing.  

Cross fit exercise and implants

At three years since your breast implants surgery, you shouldn't have any problem doing any exercise routine you want.

Go natural consider MemoryShape...

Hello and thanks for your post. You mentioned you want natural but want saline? Any silicone implant is more natural feeling than saline, but you should consider a contour profile gel breast implant for the most natural. Consult with a local surgeon about your options before committing to a certain type of breast implant. You should be able to exercise well with either type. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Implants and Crossfit?

Unless you are getting direct trauma to your chest, cross fit exercise should be OK after breast augmentation (once you have completely healed).

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

No problem with cross fit after breast augmentation.

Once convalescence is complete after breast augmentation, full activity of any kind is permitted with breast augmentation.

Implants and Crossfit

Candydandy:  At 3 years postop there is almost no chance of your implants popping out with any sort of exercise, assuming you are nutritionally sound and devoid of any significant health issues.  I feel there is a cosmetic concern with too much chest exercise however.  As your implants are submuscular, I would recommend only light chest workouts such as bench press or flies.  If you work you chest too aggressively, the pectoralis muscle will thicken and drive your implants laterally into your armpits.  No woman likes this look.  You can do all the other exercises you mention as much as you like, but I recommend only light chest work post breast augmentation.  Good luck with your training!

G. Robert Meger, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and Crossfit?

At this point, 3 years out of breast surgery, you should be able to return to full activity,  without restrictions.  Best wishes.

Implants and Crossfit

You are 3 years from your surgery.  It is extremely unlikely your implants will "pop out."   Activity as tolerated with no restrictions.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Implants and Crossfit

You are three years out from surgery. It is very unlikely that your scar will spontaneously open up allowing your implants to "pop out." You have been doing a lot of exercises already that require pectoralis muscle contraction without any problems. You shouldn't have a problem with "muscle ups." Thank you for asking your question. Best wishes.

Gregory Park, MD