Does the scarring look normal 6 weeks post op? (photos)

49 years old. 2 years ago I had lollipop lift with 330 CC moderate gel implants behind the muscle.. Six weeks ago I had revision surgery with full anchor lift over my previous implants. My concern is the scar between my breasts and the fact that it isn't in the breast crease. My skin seems very wrinkled in that area. I also seem very flat and my right breast looks smaller. . I know it's still early in the healing process. Will this correct itself? Do I look normal for 6 weeks post op?

Scar Concern After Breast Revision and Lift

#Scarring may be reduced in appearance with scar maturation products (e.g. BioCorneum or Embrace). However, we recommend beginning your scar therapy a few weeks following your surgery. It is always recommended to call and see your surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Scars and swelling

Your scars look like they are settling well for this stage of your recovery (six weeks). Scars do take a long time to mature and can take up to 12 to 18 months to fully mature. The same applies to tissue swelling too. Yes, your left breast does appear to be slightly larger than the right side and this seemed to be the case in your pre op photos too. But you do need to give it time for the swelling to settle before you assess the outcome of your surgery. Most of the swelling settles at about 3 months after the procedure, but it continues to settle for 6 to 12 months.

Breast implant revision

It is early, but at 6 weeks, you can start massaging at your plastic surgeon's direction.  This, in addition to time, should help with the settling of the scar. 

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS

Breast lift

Every patient heals differently and at different rates.  Your scars appear to be of good quality for 6 weeks.  Some of the changes are due to swelling and will most likely resolve.

John Burns, MD

Too early to judge outcome

At this point in your recovery, it is much too soon to be worried about the outcome. It takes time for the implants to settle into position and the skin and muscle to stretch out to accommodate the new implant. It may be 6 months or more before the shape has reached its final look. Be patient.

Healing Breast Scars

Thank you for your question. You are correct in stating that you are early in the recovery process. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the implants to settle and swelling to subside. I would hesitate making any judgements regarding your outcome before that time. You should express these concerns to your plastic surgeon. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.