Should I request implant be removed? Is it common practice to re-suture an infected and exposed implant? (photos)
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 11
Infected re-sutured implant
- Your implant must be immediately removed and without delay.
- Your have infection and exposure of the implant and obvious infection of the breast tissue.
- Keeping the implant in place makes infection worse and may lead to further complications.
- Your treatment is most unusual for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and not standard practice.
- Insist that the implant be removed, the pocket irrigated with antibiotic solution and that wound care be begun for rapid healing.
- If you do not want him involved with your care, keep moist dressings over the wound and call a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and ask to be seen immediately.
- If you cannot get an appointment at once, go to the nearest best Emergency Room - they will have a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon on call who will take over your care.
- I am very sorry this is happening to you.
Infected implant must be removed
You might also like...
Exposed, infected breast implant must be removed!
You should wait at least 6 months and preferably a year if you choose reimplantation.
This is an emergency and if your plastic surgeon persist in wanting to suture the wound closed see another plastic surgeon. Insist that your implant. Removed.
Re-suturing of this infected and exposed implant shown in the photos is most concerning,
"Google" patients are far from annoying; they are trying to research or resolve concerns about their healthcare. The retention of an infected and exposed implant, as pictures, puts your breast tissue and health at risk...
For your safety and peace of mind, I would suggest that you seek out another opinion with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon.
I hope that your problem is cared for expeditiously and your long-term outcome is satisfying.
Immediate breast Implant Removal Needed
Should I request implant be removed? Is it common practice to re-suture an infected and exposed implant?
Is it common practice to re-suture an infected an exposed implant?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.