Breast implants: I would like to know if I can go to 700cc or more as I am 5'1 110 lbs.

I have 550cc implants but still wear a padded to achieve the look I want. I wonder if my frame will take 700 cc or more implants. Thanks!

Breast Revision for Larger Implants

Yes, it is possible to #increase your implant size with a #revision. However, the #pocket may require adjustment and a lift may be necessary; to better #support the new implant depending on an evaluation. Additionally, a mesh for further support may be helpful depending on the #implant size and skin #elasticity.

With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. Any cosmetic #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingient on shape of body and your desired outcome.  Your procedure should always be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for another revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient #reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implant selection

It is best to be seen in person to determine what would be best for you. This would require an exam and review of your goals.

Pictures

and measurements. Depending on the style of implant you currently have in, you will likely be able to go up to an HP or UHP implant and achieve the size you desire. 

Remove and Replace procedures are common

Removing old implants and replacing them with new implants is a very common procedure.  The recovery is quicker than the original procedure because the stretching and pocket formation has already been performed and usually the same incision (scar) can be used.

The decision to go bigger or smaller, different style or type of implant or any other changes should be made after a thorough consultation and evaluation with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Even though you are small, if you are tolerating 550 cc implants now, you should be able to bump up to 700 cc.  However, you may want to consider High Profile implants that have a smaller diameter to lessen the "side boob".

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question and pictures. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "up a cup size” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to larger breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.