Is it a good idea to get a BBL and tummy tuck at the same time? What doctors will do this procedure?

I never think it is a great idea to do those two operations at the same time. They both require different positioning and pressure relief after surgery and they kind of counteract each other for the best recovery. I think in order to get the best results you're better off staging the two procedures.Good luck! 

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. You are better off dong the BBL at the time of your TT surgery because there is only one recovery time. For the Tummy Tuck you will need to wear a compression garment for about 4 weeks after surgery. Most patients find they are able to return to work and driving in 2 weeks and exercise in 6 weeks. For the BBL the recovery is much faster. Recovery is usually 1-2 weeks and most patients are able to return to work one week after the procedure and about 4-6 weeks for more strenuous activities such as exercise. Hope this helps,Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

BBL with tummy tuck

Hi and thanks for your question. It is very common to do these two procedures at the same time with great results. Be sure to contact an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, ask for cases photos.Best wishes.

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Bbl and tummy tuck

while I agree that positioning could be a problem, it can be done. Remember, a fair amount of fat is necessary to mak a difference.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Combined BBL and TT

Additional procedures that may enhance the result are Liposuction, Breast Procedures, or Thigh Lift. Mommy makeovers usually include multiple operations.  Brazilian “butt enhancement” can be done at the same time to provide best body contours. Arm reduction or brachiaplasty is also common. I know that my office combines these procedures for patients as often as they are looking to have them done together, and most surgeons do the same thing. All that you would need to do at this point would be to schedule a consultation with a local certified plastic surgeon and discuss what your desired results include, along with the procedures that would help meet your final needs. Best of luck!

Depending on each patient's needs and body characteristics, it is possible to do both procedures at the same time. An in-person consultation is the best way to start. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck - BBL and Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. I do not think it is a good idea to have a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. I believe you will have better results if you stage the procedures. First do liposuction to harvest fat from the hips, flanks, thighs, and abdomen. This fat can be used for the BBL. Once you have recovered from Stage 1, a tummy tuck can be performed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck.