Do I have a deviated septum? Or is there anything else wrong with my nose? (Photos)

Growing up, I've hit my nose a lot, But I'm not sure If that is what has caused this. I'm really curious as to what is wrong with my nose. The bridge of my nose is also red. I also have a bulge on the right side of my nose, which is not present on my left side. I will provide four pictures one from the top, one straight forward, and the last two will be from the sides.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty for dorsal hump, functional septoplasty for breathing

To make the decision a deviated septum requires a thorough examination of the internal portion of the nose only.  A septoplasty is performed to improve airflow dynamics in the back of the nose when there is twisted bone and cartilage blocking airflow.   A septoplasty will not change the shape of the nose. A rhinoplasty procedure accomplishes shaving down the dorsal hump, adjusting the tip, straightening and narrowing the nasal bones.  For  diagrams showing the differences between a septoplasty and rhinoplasty, please see  the video below

Do I Have a Deviated Septum?

Your very limited pictures make it difficult to answer your questions. If privacy is a concern send a full set of pictures as described on my website directly to any surgeons participating in  this forum. One pictures suggests that you have a deviated septum but an examination would be necessary to confirm this. You also have a nasal hump which could be eliminated and wide tip that could be refined with rhinoplasty surgery.

Deviated septum

The nasal septum provides structural support to your nose, and is best seen when examining the inside of your nose.  It can also be seen if deviated along the sprain, but info not appreciate this in your pictures.  If you are having concerns with nasal breathing, I would recommend consultation with a board certified otolaryngologist.  The bulge you mention appears to be at the rhinion, or junction between the middle third (cartilage) and upper third (nasal bones).  Sometimes rhinion horns can be caused by trauma, or by normal nasal growth.  All of these structures can be addressed surgically if you have specific concerns.  Make sure to seek consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist such as a board certified otolaryngologist or facial plastic surgeon, or board certified plastic surgeon.

Daniel J. Givens, MD
Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviated septum?

Based on your photos I can't evaluate the septum.  I would recommend removing the dorsal hump and smoothing out the bump on the right side.  If the septum is deviated, it is no problem to correct that at the same time.

Jeffrey Marvel, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon