BA 2 months before wedding - yay or nay?

I am looking to get a BA before my wedding, ideally we would apply for a loan and I would do it much sooner but I am worried since our credit score/history isn't all that great we will be denied. Considering using our text return for BA but that means having my BA in March and I am worried I will pushing it all too close.

Time to recover from breast augmentation

Typically you can essentially recover from a breast augmentation in about 2 weeks. Two months is totally doable. I would have no concerns except if there is a complication, which is extremely unlikely.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

BA 2 Months Before Wedding

Yes, 2 months should be enough time for you to heal and enjoy your wedding day.  However, there are a couple of things to consider.  The first is the possibility of a complication.  It's not likely to happen, but if it does, then it may affect your wedding.  The second is the practicality of dress fitting, as you need to allow your dressmaker/dressfitter enough time to make the final adjustments (so I've been told), and your implants will still be "settling" around the time of your actual wedding.

Best of luck, and congratulations on your wedding!

-Dr. Dan Krochmal

MAE Plastic Surgery

Northbrook, IL

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast Augmentations Prior to Wedding, Vacations, Et Cetera

Planning any kind of procedure before a big event can have implications. 2 months out from your wedding sounds like an adequate amount of time for healing. Your implants may not be completely "settled" at this point, but they will likely be healed enough from an aesthetic standpoint. 

Following a breast augmentation, I recommend two weeks of no strenuous activities and six weeks of no heavy lifting (> 15 pounds). So, ideally, I would recommend 6 weeks prior to any significant event or trip. 

Ashley B. Robey, MD

BA two months before wedding

Thank you for your question. Two months is enough time to recover and get ready for your wedding. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and to discuss your goals.

Two months should be ample time to recover from a breast augmentation prior to your big day. Good luck to you!

It can be done but depends a little on what else you have going on up to the wedding. See link below for examples. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Breast implants 2 months before your wedding?

The chances of a complication delaying your healing are quite small but not zero.  If having your new figure would mean a lot to you and fitting your dress would not be difficult than it's reasonable for you to go ahead in my opinion.  This should not be "rushed" either so way your decision carefully but either way should turn out just fine for you.  Good luck and congratulations.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Bridal Makeover

It can be done. I've done six weeks. With lipo. And the dress fit amazingly! But you are definitely rolling the dice. We have a 99.6% success rate for breast augmentation but with Murphy's Law, you'd hate to be the 0.4% that has a problem that messes with your big day!

Breast augmentation before your wedding

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials. While 2 months would certainly give you time to heal you should also consider that complications could prolong your recovery and you may still have some swelling at your wedding. I would also make sure that your dress is the right size to accommodate your new breasts or at least plan to have the dress altered after surgery. 

Implants Before Wedding

Breast augmentation surgery 2 months before a wedding should be fine. There will still be some changes to the breasts after the 2 month period as it can take 3 to 4 months for the breast implants to fully drop. However, it is doubtful that the slightly elevated implants would be noticed in clothes or a wedding gown. Good luck with your decision and congratulations to you.