Can Trentinoin Cream 0.05% be applied to all areas of the face?

Can Trentinoin Cream 0.05% or higher be applied above the lip area, on the chin, and under the eyes? Will there be a benefit to applying it to these areas?

Tretinoin

Thank you for your question. In my experience, tretinoin cream may be used to the entire face with exception of both upper and lower eyelids and lips. Tretinoin is a medication called a retinoid and is meant to gently exfoliate the skin. In thin and sensitive areas such as the lips and under the eyes, I would not recommend using tretinoin because it may cause severe redness and irritation. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist regarding your questions and concerns. Take care and good luck.