Am I suppose to remove these bandages? (photos)

My BA was Aug 30th my paper work said to remove gauze and shower after 48 hours but these are taped over my nipple incisions can these be removed and there's steri strips underneath?

Steri Strips

Yes, I would expect that there are steri strips underneath and while they would stay on through washing, the gauze taped on should be carefully removed. If you aren't sure just give your Plastic Surgeon's office a call.

All the best

Remove the old gauze

Those dressing were supposed to be removed before you took your first shower.  They are doing more harm than good trapping moisture and bacteria next to the incisions.

Bandages post-op

Thank you for your question. I would highly suggest you call your plastic surgeons office and discuss these questions directly. Unfortunately, there would be no way to predict what is under your dressings without having been in the surgery with you. Good luck!

Kiran Polavarapu, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation post op care

Thank you for your question.  When it comes to post operative care and instructions, it is always best to consult with your operating surgeon first as they are familiar with your medical history and your personal recovery experience.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.It is absolutely necessary to consult with your surgeon about this. Every surgeon has slightly different post-operative protocols so if you are unclear about any of your aftercare instructions I would contact the office and have them clarify it for you before you take any action and remove dressings. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Removing Bandaging

If you are uncomfortable or if the post-op instructions are unclear, absolutely contact your surgeon for clarity.Best of luck!

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Bandage removal

It's best to check with your surgeon for instruction on this issue.  He/She is most familiar with your surgery and will be the best person to advise you.

Camille Cash, MD

What to do with my dressings?

please call your plastic surgeon and get clarity on what to remove and what to leave in place.  We all can have different recommendations in regards to incision care.  

Melinda Haws, MD

Instructions

The instructions likely mean to remove the dressing over the areola but you are always safest to call the office and speak to the staff or doctor.