What can I do about my severe stomach bulge? (Photo)

I have been very severely bloated For at least the last 6 months. It gets worse when eating certain foods but it is constant and never goes away. I wake up that way. I am skinny everywhere else but my stomach bulges out to where I literally look 9 months pregnant.. All the time. I need to find an answer. Help!! I have 2 kids ages 23 months and almost 4 yrs. I have don't the distasis test myself and it is at least 3 inches wide. Would a tummy tuck solve the problem??

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photo. If yo are living a healthy life style and eat healthy and you still have these issues it might be wise to consult a primary physician what might be going on. Best of luck 

Tummy bulge

Thank you for the question.  There are various reasons for a "tummy bulge" including digestive issues as well as loose abdominal wall or excess abdominal soft tissue.  If you are otherwise doing well with eating and going to the bathroom it may be a good idea to start with your primary care doctor to make sure that all else is ok.  If they feel that everything is well with your digestive system a consultation with your plastic surgeon  may be the next step to see if either excess abdominal wall laxity or excess abdominal tissue may be the case.  A tummy tuck will be able to address the abdominal wall laxity and excess abdominal tissue but it cannot address issues with your organs or digestive system.I hope this helps.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD