I had 50 units of Botox 4 days ago with specific directions for my forehead (Photo)

I had 50 units of botox 4 days ago with specific directions for my forehead. She did all 3 areas between brows crowsfeet and forehead. I have been contacting muscles in forehead heavily of late with painful migraines and they have always treated above brows fine because of them. I pointed out to her. Other areas I guess were treated fine but no relaxation in areas needed. If need more I will be charged and already paid double usual fee. 650. And this is where I wanted most.

Botox results

Thank you for your question Gabfab1009. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. The pivotal studies demonstrated that the peak effect of a Botox treatment is seen 14 days after the treatment. We have our patients return at that time for assessment and possible additional units. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox and lines in forehead.

Thanks for this question. It's too early to see the effect on your muscle. Botox will take up to 2 weeks for the full effect. Let your injector know your concerns or make a follow up appointment with them around 2 weeks after the injection. Best, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

I had 50 units of Botox 4 days ago with specific directions for my forehead

It takes 7 to 10 days to see the full results so give it some time for the full effects to kick in, then re-evaluate. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Botox for the forehead

Thank you for your question and photo. It is important to wait 7-14 days for Botox to kick in fully.  It is impossible to know if your botox is going to be the way you wanted it to be until then.  Good luck!

Enough Botox for my forehead?

Hello Gabfab 1009,

Thank you for your question and photo. We typically will evaluate the patient two weeks after having Botox in that at that point you can see its full effect, four days is not sufficient to see these changes. Touch ups at the two week point do occur and usually will only require a few units in addition. Whether you pay more or not is specific to the individual office. Give it some more time and return to see your injector at the two week mark to address your concerns. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

50 units of Botox treated forehead, crows, and glabella

This is an average dosing for treating these areas. Pricing is average as well. Sometimes touch ups area needed. I would discuss with your doctor and see if they can get you to where you want to be. For minor touch ups, I will treat at no charge, if the dosing I gave should have been sufficient. If there are areas beyond what was treated that are of concern, then I will charge.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Forehead and Botox

Four days is not long enough to evaluate the results. Botox takes 3-5 days to start working and will reach a peak in 7-10 days so give it some more time

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Hi-

Botox may take up to 1 week to take effect so try and be patient. It is not uncommon to need touch up procedures if certain muscles respond differently to the medicine. I recommend seeing a trained plastic surgeon or dermatologist in order to be certain you are getting the appropriate treatment for your concerns. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Botox

Thank you for your question.  It can take 2 weeks for the Botox to take full effect.   Follow up with your injector after the two weeks.  Best of luck!

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Delayed results of Botox

Thank you for asking your question. You should wait another week before determining the results. It could take up to two weeks to see the final appearance after Botox has been injected. Good luck,