Can my nose be fixed? (Photos)

I have a deformity in my nose since I was born . I had one surgery to close it because I was born with it opened . Can it be fixed ? I'm looking to get a plastic surgery .

Reconstruction to nasal ala

It looks like your left nasal ala was reconstructed when you were born. I would definitely schedule a consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist to better understand your options. I think realistic goals are important, knowing that you are not going to get perfection, but an improvement in the appearance of your nose. Best of luck to you.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal deformity since birth and scar since 1st attempt to correct it

I have treated a woman with a similar problem in the past.  I believe that it will probably take a couple of stages to get the improvement.  First your plastic surgeon would revise the scar from the previous surgery.  Care should be taken to avoid any damage to the underlying cartilage.  Then the next stage would be an open rhinoplasty and septoplasty no sooner than 6 to 12 months later. It is possible that cartilage graft may be required, which can be harvested from the nasal septum or possibly the ear.  An experienced rhinoplasty surgeon would be able to harvest the ear cartilage without any noticeable change to your ear.  Gook luck. 

John M. Weeter, MD

Reconstructive rhinoplasty

Could this be completely fixed, like make the scar disappear? NO, could be drastically improved? YES.

Unfortunately, the position where the scar is will make all surgeries a big challenge and impossible to completely fix. We can certainly give you a much better look, and create a normal shape, but that scar will never disappear. 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Nasal surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, there are several things which could help you, including scar revision with eversion of the tissue and alar batten grafts.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Can my nose be fixed?

Thank you for your question, 

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone.