Is it normal for one breast to be quite a bit bigger than the other 2 and a half weeks post op?

I had surgery June 7th, 2016 and noticed today that my right breast is quite a bit smaller than the left. The right breast is also squisher than the left. When looking down, it's also quite noticable. I have no pain. Is this normal? Or could the left breast still be swollen?

Post Op Asymmetric Swelling

You could certainly still be swollen at two weeks and slight asymmetries are common but if one breast feels noticeably harder or much bigger then you should let your Plastic Surgeon know and they will examine you to rule out problems.

All the best

Asymmetry normal

2.5 weeks after surgery is pretty early on in your recovery, and what you see now is definitely not what your results will look like. Your breasts are still settling and adjusting to the implants, so expect some inconsistencies and asymmetry. Wait it out for 3-4 months, and you’ll notice an improvement in how you look. Of course, if you are really concerned, you should see your surgeon.

Assymetrical Breasts Following Augmentation

It requires approximately 2 to 3 months following your surgery, but up to one year to see the end result of the final shape and size of your breasts.
The two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural.
Your doctor may require you to move or massage the implants within the breast pockets during the #postoperative period. #Textured implants do not require breast massage. You will be informed about this at your post-operative visit. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of your doctor or the nursing staff.

Breast Augmentation Concerns

I appreciate your concerns but way too early to worry. Your body needs time to heal and adapt to the implants. The skin and muscle over the implants must stretch a bit to allow the implants to settle into their final position. While your appearance will improve fairly quickly, don't expect to see your final result for at least 6 months after surgery. Good Luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Swelling

Thank you for your question. You are still very early in the post-operative period. It typically takes 3 - 6 months for the swelling to subside and and implants to settle into proper position. The implants may swell asymmetrically, but usually settle evenly. Please discuss your concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon. Also, make sure you follow all of your plastic surgeons post-operative instructions regarding level of physical activity and use of a support bra. Hope this helps and good luck with your recovery.

Is it normal for one breast to be quite a bit bigger than the other at 2.5 weeks PostOp?

Thank you for your question.  Without a full series of photographs or an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice, but at two weeks some temporary asymmetry in your results is not uncommon.  This can be due to swelling, earlier dropping of one implant, and relaxation of your right breast tissue compared to left.  See your surgeon for an in-person evaluation, they can provide you with reassurance.  Hope this helps.