I was wondering what procedure would be suitable for my nose if I wanted a feminine soft nose. any suggestions? (photos)

I want a feminine soft nose.

Rhinoplasty can do very many things to soften and improve nasal shape. The best information will come from a careful consultation and we prefer computer simulation so show what is possible and learn what you like. 

Feminine nose

Looking at your photos, a rhinoplasty - mostly refinement of the tip - would give you a more sculpted, feminine, and natural appearance. 

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Feminize the nose

You need to refine most of the nose, giving a nice elegant tip and lower, narrower bridge. So a full rhinoplasty is in order. My personal preference is for a closed rhinopasty.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Nose

itsmeeet, you have a fairly simple nose; needs refinement from the tip through the nasal bridge. See an experienced surgeon that does "only faces". Search the Internet; make sure they have a lot of good photos on their web site. In experienced good hands you should be fine. good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for feminine nose

A closed rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making the nose look more feminine, with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. The bridge line can be narrowed with osteotomies, the tip narrowed with a tip rhinoplasty procedure which involves suture techniques or conservative cartilage removal applied to the nasal tip cartilages. The dorsal hump can be shaved down and the entire nose made smaller. Thick skin in the tip of the nose will be  an impediment to seeing a very refined result in that area. For many examples, please see the link and  the video below

How to get a more feminine nose?

The goal of any rhinoplasty is to have all of the components of the nose (bone and cartilages) be both aesthetically balanced and optimally functional. The relationship of the width and height of the nasal bones to the cartilages of the tip can be adjusted with a traditional rhinoplasty.  The amount of adjustment depends on the thickness of the skin of the nose, the size and shape of the nasal bones, and your desired look. A thorough examination of the components of your nose along with computer imaging can determine what is possible for your particular desires. 2-D and 3-D photographic imaging is priceless in showing you what is possible prior to possible surgery.

John Standefer MD

What procedure would be suitable for my nose if I wanted a feminine soft nose.

Every nose is different and unique to that individual. If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough to do something about it, it can be improved with a natural artistically performed rhinoplasty. What would be the best option and exact procedure would depend on an in person examination (not just an online consultation) and discussion about desired outcome. Excellent results can be achieved with either a closed or open technique.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do and how technically to do it based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Your tip appears a bit broad and the cartilaginous dorsum and to a leeser degree the boney dorsum appears to be a bit high as well.