I had a baby a year and a half ago. I want to know if liposuction in my abdomen would give me good results. (Photo)

I have a one year old baby. I am 22, 5'6 and 145 lbs. I was 135 before my son and gained 75lbs. I got a considerate amount of stretchmarks and some lose skin. I feel good at one 145 but want to get rid of some of the fat in my stomach and sides. My worry is that I have some lose skin and worried it will sag a lot once it's not filled with the excess fat. I know a tummy tuck might be best but I don't want to deal with the scar or the recovery. Will lipo help give me a more hour glass shape?

Will liposuction help my mommy bod?

Hi!  Based on your photos a tummy tuck/liposuction combination would give you the best opportunity to achieve the look you want.  But, if you absolutely don't want a tummy tuck scar then have the liposuction performed with laser assist.  We use SmartLipo in our office.  It does not give you tummy tuck tightness but the heat provided by the laser can give you a little bit more contraction than tumescent liposuction alone. good luck to you!

Liposuction

Based on your photos, liposuction will definitely improve the look of your abdomen. However, you will probably still have some skin laxity, but only you can decide if you can live with that. I would advise you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area (link below) to discuss your options. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I had a baby a year and a half ago. I want to know if liposuction in my abdomen would give me good results.

Liposuction is best option to contouring and remove local fat so depending of the skin tone and flabiness could be the liposuction correct. The pregnancy increse the skin flabiness and muscle separation, a complete office examination will give you the best choice .Look for a board plastic surgeon .All the Best!!Dr.Brenda Pache

Brenda Pache, MD

Will suction help my abdomen?

Yes, from your photos it does seem you have some loose skin, but I believe liposuction of the abdomen and flanks will give you improvement that can be significant.  Some modalities used with lipo can also help to tighten the skin during healing.

Michael Leff, MD (retired)
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the abdomen after pregnancy.

It looks as though there would be improvement with liposuction after your pregnancy. Redundancies of skin however and laxity of the abdominal wall would not be treated. When you're through with childbearing a better overall result would be obtained with an abdominoplasty

Will liposuction give me good results after pregnancy.

Liposuction might be the best option for you if local fat persists after pregnancy, though skin laxity issues are common as well. Depending on the skin tone and your goals liposuction could be right, though a complete office examination will give you the best advice.

Tummy Tuck or lipo

From the photos you included, you are correct to be concerned that life suction alone may not give you the result in skin tightness that you want. You should consider a combination of a tummy tuck with liposuction that will address all three problems commonly seen after childbirth. One, the skin is stretched and usually in excess. Two muscles are pulled apart and would be benefited by suturing them back together. And number three there is usually a little extra fat around the belly button and in the flanks. A combination of liposuction and a tummy tuck will address all three of these nicely. I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your location for consultation. Good luck with your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Abdominoplasty

It would appear from your pictures that you would benefit from Lipo suction. However, you have a significant amount of stretch marks and it seems that you have some laxity of the skin. I think that you would benefit from some amount of skin removal whether that is a mini or full abdominoplasty. You should see a board-certified  plastic surgery and have your muscles and skin evaluated. They can help guide you in the most appropriate fashion.Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Will liposuction give good results after pregnancy?

Thank you for the question and the photographs. It would appear from the pictures provided that you would benefit from a combination of liposuction and tummy tuck. The tummy tuck will tighten the abdominal wall, remove excess skin and remove most, if not all of the stretch marks below the belly button. The liposuction will address the fat not removed by the tummy tuck, helping to achieve a better contoured abdomen and waist. When you feel you are ready, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person evaluation, which will help in determining whether a full or mini tummy tuck is needed. Best wishes.

Liposuction after pregnancy

Your concerns about the skin are very important.  In my experience liposuction to the flanks/lower back followed by removal of the excess lower abdominal skin wither with a mini or full tummy tuck incision provides very good results.  For more information an in person consultation would be necessary.