Dr. Doris Day has an anti aging video where she mentions injecting a neuromodulator injected into the masador.

What is the technique that involves a neuromodulator injected into the masador near the ear? I'm probably spelling it incorrectly. Who is a good candidate for this procedure, and what kind of results does it provide?

Botox in the masseter muscle

Botox in the masseter muscle is great for contouring the face.  You can make a square jaw line look more oval.  You are a good candidate if you do not have droopy skin or jowels- this would make it worse.

Botox injection for masseters

Dr. Day is a amazing doctor and it's great to hear that she is discussing Botox injections to the masseter. I don't really consider Botox injection into the masseters as much of an anti-aging treatment as I do a facial contouring treatment. It is often used to convert a square face shape to a more oval face shape. Most patients require 20-25 units of Botox per side. I recommend an in-person consultation with an experienced injector.

Botox for masseter and square jaws...

Thank you for your question.  Botox can be injected into the masseter muscles to slim out a square jaw.  Typically most patients require between 25-35 units per side though some with extraordinarily powerful masseters will require more.  The classic patient for this treatment is someone of Asian heritage though it can be used on anyone with thicker lower faces and even helps tremendously with TMJ.  This treatment can be further improved by restoring mid face volume using a volumizer like Voluma leading to an upside down triangle face, which will even make the lower face appear than with just botox alone.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox injection of masseter muscles

Thank you for your question.  The masseter muscles are muscles which help us to.chew.  Many patients have very large masseter muscles which can make the face appear more full in areas we would actually like it to be slim.  Botox can be used highly effectively to contour the masseter muscles.  This does not prevent you from chewing but can be a beautiful treatment to improve facial contouring while still preserving good function of the jaw muscles.  Injection of the masseter muscles does require significant experience, knowledge of facial anatomy, and expertise.  Addition of soft tissue volume to the midface and chin area may or may not be required in order to achieve best outcomes.  I would recommend consultation with a highly experienced physician before undergoing this treatment.  Best of luck.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox in the Masseter

Botox can be used to treat jaw clenching/teeth grinding when injected into the masseter muscle.  It is also used to narrow the face by weakening the masseter muscle which causes the muscle to relax and look smaller.I hope this answers your question!Dr. Quenby Erickson

Botox for Masseters

This is common in my practice to slim the jawline and help TMJ.  Please see an expert for treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox in masseters

This is a technique used to slim a wide lower face due to enlarged masseters. These are enlarged in people who clinch, grind their teeth, and often in Asian patients. It causes some atrophy of this muscle that leads to facial slimming and a more rounded, less square face. It usually requires 20-40 units per side and will last 4-6 months. This is only for experienced injectors.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox in the masseter to contour the face

Thank you for your question Average woman. Botox is a great treatment that can be used to shape the face. When a neuromodulator such as Botox, Dysport, or Xeomin is injected into the masseter muscle in the lower face, the muscle is relaxed. If enough units are used, the volume of the muscle is decreased. This helps people with a square jaw contour the face so that it has more of a heart shaped appearance. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician