Compression garment put on after surgery too small. My thighs were bulging out of my crotch. Are they permanently damaged?

My thighs look like elephant skin 4 days post opp after being squeezed into a compression garment that was way too small. I know some loose skin is normal but this is extreme. The garment was so tight I felt like I was going to faint for three days. I slept no more then an hour at a time for three days and my husband got up with me to help me to restroom once an hour. I had dry heaves, diziness and an overactive bladder. Now my thighs look horrible. Will this change or is the damage done?

Horrible compression garment

Thank you for asking about your compression garment.

I am so sorry you wore an ill-fitting garment for days after surgery. The goal of the garment is support and comfort. It is unlikely it will damage your final result but on no account wear such a garment ever again. If your surgeon fits you with too tight a garment, you must notify your surgeon at once. 

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Let's Call Follow-Up With Your Doctor

I'm not sure if you did so, but you need to contact your Dr. about getting better fitting compression garments and the symptoms you're experiencing. Also, I recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to improve results. Best, Dr. Emer