What is causing my uneven eyelids? (photos)

What is causing my uneven eyelids? My left eye always seems droopy compared to my right eye. Is it just how the eyelid folds or is it my eye muscle? Do i need surgery to correct it? Or is there a simple fix like using double eyelid tape? Thank you for your help.

Ptosis, asymmetry

It appears you have ptosis more on the left than the right. You may need surgery on both sides, but an evaluation by an experienced Oculoplastic surgeon is imperative for the best outcome for you. Best wishes.

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ptosis

You have a ptosis of one eyelid.  This can be corrected with a ptosis repair surgery.  See an oculoplastic surgeon for evaluation of the eyelid muscles.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tape won't fix this.

You would benefit from ptosis surgery.  Please find an eyelid specialist who understands Asian eyelids (look for many Asian eyelid surgery before and afters on their website).  See more than one surgeon in consultation.  A detailed assessment is needed to determine the best approach for you.